Putin announces 'military operation' in Ukraine.

Dave-G

18 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

A lot of people will die before the inevitable happens. Russia will win this battle. Ukraine needs to accept the inevitability and deal with it.

But who are we to tell somebody they do not have the right to die defending their country? Would we have given in to hitler without a fight?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

The two comments conflict with logic.
WW3 , and particularly a nuclear WW3, ARE defeat for Russia.

Its like shooting yourself in the head, hoping it kills your enemy when it comes out the other 

So you are saying putin applies logic to all of his decisions.

Hello, Putin's not go to stop the Ukrainian invasion until he's murdered  every fighting citizen and broke the hearts of Ukrainian freedom, 

23 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Putin's not go to stop the Ukrainian invasion until he's murdered  every fighting citizen and broke the hearts of Ukrainian people

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, Putin's not go to stop the Ukrainian invasion until he's murdered  every fighting citizen and broke the hearts of Ukrainian freedom, 

Hello, this war could well have been avoided if all countries barring those like China had stood up to Putin's regime 

Like anyone in power for a long time the vision of reality becomes impaired. Putin is no different. 

Breaking news. France stops and takes into port Russian ship breaking sanctions. Nice to see that France is able to intercept ships in the channel when it wants to. 

Edited by oowee

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Like anyone in power for a long time the vision of reality becomes impaired. Putin is no different. 

Breaking news. France stops and takes into port Russian ship breaking sanctions. Nice to see that France is able to intercept ships in the channel when it wants to. 

It's small boats they don't notice. 

1 hour ago, bluesj said:

Interesting, but misses out the major influx of the Volksdeutsche,  also during Catherine the Great's time, which explains, to an extent, why so many Ukrainians served in the Wehrmacht and SS during WW2 and Russian suspicion of the Ukrainians.

History is seldom simple

I suspect the best chance of sorting this out is through the Russian people.

In the modern age, folks will more easily be able to get the real picture of what’s going on, and many Russians have enjoyed the taste of a bit of the West .. football, McDonalds, Olympics etc 

Knowing they are being ostracised for a cause many don’t support isn’t going to be popular.

Along with the middle classes and not wanting the war at all … this could build pressure and force something  … not sure what as he’s past the point of no return, but hopefully something.

Unfortunately this point may well come after Ukraine has succumbed.

3 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

I suspect the best chance of sorting this out is through the Russian people.

In the modern age, folks will more easily be able to get the real picture of what’s going on, and many Russians have enjoyed the taste of a bit of the West .. football, McDonalds, Olympics etc 

Knowing they are being ostracised for a cause many don’t support isn’t going to be popular.

Along with the middle classes and not wanting the war at all … this could build pressure and force something  … not sure what as he’s past the point of no return, but hopefully something.

Unfortunately this point may well come after Ukraine has succumbed.

I have Russian friends and while they don’t necessarily support Putin they do long for a place of respect in the world. 

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, cannot ever see that happening , if that's the case why was he voted in power , despite the fraudulent votes, 

I don’t think anyone every runs against Putin do they?  I know the last guy who ran against Putin was poisoned, almost died. Then given a 100years prison sentence for fake charges. 

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

I don’t think anyone every runs against Putin do they?  I know the last guy who ran against Putin was poisoned, almost died. Then given a 100years prison sentence for fake charges. 

Hello, it makes you think how ordinary Russian citizens have no choice of President when this happens

7 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

At least we now know what the Z means on his vehicles, Zapped.  The Javelins are doing a great job.

Honestly I think Putin is following the old Soviet doctrine of probing for weakness.  He will hold his main forces back for days while launching small attacks.  The small attacks will find the ambushes and weak points.  Then he will send in his main battle groups.  The troops he is sending in now are expendable poorly trained conscripts.  In a day or two you will here about the full attack.