Heating Controllers

ditchman

If the govt want people to save money on their energy bills then they need to beat the manufactuers into submission on producing a heat controller that is easily programable and easy to understand

for the last 3 days i have been trying to programme a Honeywell T3R unit........i have even downloaded and printed off a manual off the net...........and my mind is totally screwed.....

does anyone else have this problem , or am i just thick ?

Edited by ditchman

You're not on your own . They seem to be one of those things that only women can operate.

I have the skills to fit a full central heating system,  but for the life of me , I can't figure out how to work the temperature control and timer.

58 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I have the skills to fit a full central heating system,  but for the life of me , I can't figure out how to work the temperature control and timer.

I have been in IT/technical roles for nigh on 40 years now - I have similar issues with printers - Multi Function Devices (Printer/Scanner/Fax) make me break out in a cold sweat and a need to start on the Tramadol!!

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

I have been in IT/technical roles for nigh on 40 years now - I have similar issues with printers - Multi Function Devices (Printer/Scanner/Fax) make me break out in a cold sweat and a need to start on the Tramadol!!

Anything with buttons has me stumped .

Several months after my first wife had passed away , my sister popped in . The house was sweltering hot , and she asked why I got the heating on so high . I had to explain that I didn't know how to turn it down , and when it got too hot , I had to open the windows and doors 🤒.

18 minutes ago, discobob said:

this is totally stupid...........i have just set my new printer up and tried and tested all the funtions ...jobs a gooden....easy peasy.......yet i break into a cold sweat when i see a heating controller :lol:

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Several months after my first wife had passed away , my sister popped in . The house was sweltering hot , and she asked why I got the heating on so high . I had to explain that I didn't know how to turn it down , and when it got too hot , I had to open the windows and doors 🤒.

Yep, must say I prefer zips on my jackets and jeans.

1 hour ago, Diver One said:

Hive is the way forwards....either internet based or Stand Alone

Is this any use?

Agreed, Hive extremely easy to use/user friendly. Bought one to fit for my parents funnily enough as I know they’ll be fine with it.
Most are unnecessarily complicated, especially underfloor stats it seems as customers never set them up properly! 

54 minutes ago, ditchman said:

this is totally stupid...........i have just set my new printer up and tried and tested all the funtions ...jobs a gooden....easy peasy.......yet i break into a cold sweat when i see a heating controller :lol:

To be fair - they are easy - when they are working - it is when they stop doing what they are supposed to be doing for no fracking sane reason - be that printer drivers, wifi or whatever. 

At home I now have a setup where the printer connects via USB to a laptop - if the kids need to print out anything - put it on a USB and go to the printer/laptop and do a direct print. When you have printer drivers bloating 200kB PDF's to 40/50/100 Mb etc..... and taking ages to print and the kids have left it to the last minute and I am up early to go to work and yadda yadda yadda ....where are my tablets!!!!!!!!!!!

On 24/02/2022 at 09:01, mel b3 said:

Like you I  installed numerous heating systems gas or oil fired but sorting out a digital programmer was a no no.  Analogue may not give you as many options but it is understood by most people.

Blackpowder