tv sound bar

toxo

17 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Does your tv have a USB socket? If so you can connect a blue tooth sender and use headphones, wireless jobbies are cheap and very effective, something along the lines of ebay item 133835059174 may well prevent you needing to have your volume high enough to shatter glass.

He may not even need a Bluetooth sender if his tv is fairly new. I can link headphones directly to my tv. 

Thanks guys. I'll certainly give em a try. The annoying thing is, I can hear a pin drop in a quiet room but if there's any background noise at all it's just noise. I can't make out what you're saying if I'm standing next to you in the pub.

I will look at a soundbar also in the hope that I don't have to walk around with headphones on permanently :)

10 minutes ago, toxo said:

Thanks guys. I'll certainly give em a try. The annoying thing is, I can hear a pin drop in a quiet room but if there's any background noise at all it's just noise. I can't make out what you're saying if I'm standing next to you in the pub.

I will look at a soundbar also in the hope that I don't have to walk around with headphones on permanently

DONT get just a sound bar ...get the sound bar with a stand alone woofer...cause without the depth of the woofer..the sound will be pretty manky...you will get the tweet tweet tweety bits but will miss out on the very low round sounds

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

DONT get just a sound bar ...get the sound bar with a stand alone woofer...cause without the depth of the woofer..the sound will be pretty manky...you will get the tweet tweet tweety bits but will miss out on the very low round sounds

Don't start getting all techie with me Ditchy just cos you're the TV king now. Where's the where? and the how? and the which one?

12 minutes ago, toxo said:

Don't start getting all techie with me Ditchy just cos you're the TV king now. Where's the where? and the how? and the which one?

JUST GO ON THE CURRYS WEBSITE.........and choose a sound bar with a woofer that you can afford.........the soundbar needs to be connected tothe TV with what is called a HDMI cable   (piece of wire wiv plug on either end).........DO NOT BUY A CHEAP CABLE ...or it will dim the sound...dont ask me why

2 hours ago, toxo said:

i have not had my system very long...but i was advised to get the best soundbar you could afford....wont tell you what i paid...but i could have bought a big TV for what it cost..........

i have just learnt how to set it up and sync it..........in the various modes.....altered the base treble centre point etc.........went ontothe music channel which is an awful picture .but the sound is good quality when it goes thro "the beast"..........the sound bar is TOTALLY AWESOME"........its agood job this is a detatched bungalow ..cause i would be in deep du-du

listening toHD BBC news....the boom the missiles make when hitting the targets makes you jump ..you can feel it in your chest...then the journolist carries on talking and the sound level is normal and clear.......you can hear everything...birds twitering....children running100 yads away...........this is what the good sound system does it catches everything and hightens your senses

buy it from a shop or talk to someone who sells them...find out what you want then buy it off amazon

4 hours ago, discobob said:

Thanks Bob. That helped. In the end it was like, oh sod it I'll pin the tail on the donkey. In the end I went with this one;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G59FSXX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's only a 43inch LG on the wall in a small room. I would've paid more but I was fearful of them all being much of a muchness to my old ears.

This one seems to have at least a stab at making voices clearer and I found a new one with scratches on the back for £137 so not too much crying if it doesn't he;p.

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Thanks Bob. That helped. In the end it was like, oh sod it I'll pin the tail on the donkey. In the end I went with this one;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08G59FSXX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's only a 43inch LG on the wall in a small room. I would've paid more but I was fearful of them all being much of a muchness to my old ears.

This one seems to have at least a stab at making voices clearer and I found a new one with scratches on the back for £137 so not too much crying if it doesn't he;p.

Not a problem - I have a 5.1 surround setup that cost me thousands - speakers were hard to get - in fact I imported the center speaker from the US.

The Subwoofer is enormous

And it hasn't been used in years as SWMBO doesn't like it - The sub is a coffee table at the side of the couch, the speakers are under the stairs

We have a little Sony Soundbar that is controlled from any remote (SKY, TV, FireCube) and that is it now 

Sometimes you have to compromise (or in my case - give in - hence why I started shooting :D )

Meanwhile @ditchman is living the dream with no SWMBO to nag him 😂 but he has to cook his own tea 🤣

24 minutes ago, discobob said:

Not a problem - I have a 5.1 surround setup that cost me thousands - speakers were hard to get - in fact I imported the center speaker from the US.

The Subwoofer is enormous

And it hasn't been used in years as SWMBO doesn't like it - The sub is a coffee table at the side of the couch, the speakers are under the stairs

We have a little Sony Soundbar that is controlled from any remote (SKY, TV, FireCube) and that is it now 

Sometimes you have to compromise (or in my case - give in - hence why I started shooting :D )

Meanwhile @ditchman is living the dream with no SWMBO to nag him 😂 but he has to cook his own tea 🤣

But who's got the better deal? 

I know which I'd choose.

56 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

I have a pair of Bose NC700’s, very good and noise cancelling. Can be connected by wire and Bluetooth.

https://www.soundguys.com/bose-noise-cancelling-headphones-700-24897/amp/

Too rich for my blood. After more torture I went with these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B085XZ73TB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With all this talk of subwoofers ect something has been overlooked.  Everyone's hearing is different.  We had a new 55 inch wall mounted job this last year.  Yep I  can wind it up and wallpaper her with the blast but the neighbours as well. ?? we have a logic bar that is bluetoothed direct to the tv but it can be too bassy.   I  have to use it on the default setting which is higher pitch.  Borrowed the son in laws Sony bar, Just as bassy. I have got a pair of wireless ear buds and they are good but if I'm  using them the tv speakers and bar don't work at the same time so err and the neighbours can't hear the tv programs.   Lesson here...  wear ear muff / plugs when shooting and everyone can listen to the tv.