KENT WILDFOWLERS ACQUIRE MAJOR CARP FISHERY

Ajarrett

The KWCA has continued its policy of expansion and diversification by acquiring a 10-year lease over a 180-acre carp fishery. The fishery is a well established carp fishery with 10 well-stocked lakes across mid and west Kent.

This new initiative takes the KWCA to a new level in both its fishing section, and in terms of overall membership growth. The club will see its membership grow by about 600 with this acquisition, and overall membership grow to over 1,500. At a time when country sports are besieged as never before, being able to demonstrate such large and widespread support from across the sector will give the KWCA more muscle and influence going forward.

Mainstream shooting activities will of course continue, with further growth in the number shooting areas anticipated during 2022.

Alan

1 hour ago, Ajarrett said:

The KWCA has continued its policy of expansion and diversification by acquiring a 10-year lease over a 180-acre carp fishery. The fishery is a well established carp fishery with 10 well-stocked lakes across mid and west Kent.

This new initiative takes the KWCA to a new level in both its fishing section, and in terms of overall membership growth. The club will see its membership grow by about 600 with this acquisition, and overall membership grow to over 1,500. At a time when country sports are besieged as never before, being able to demonstrate such large and widespread support from across the sector will give the KWCA more muscle and influence going forward.

Mainstream shooting activities will of course continue, with further growth in the number shooting areas anticipated during 2022.

Alan

Well done Alan 👏 

On 24/02/2022 at 12:56, Ajarrett said:

Alan

Alan met you a few times first of all well done for securing the future of fieldsports secondly I wish other bigger organisation's had the foresight and third I wish I lived in kent

• 1 month later...

Update on Fishery progress.

260 Fishery members enrolled in two weeks from opening, meaning we have already taken enough cash to break-even for the whole Fishery year 

Add to that over 430 renewals for the main part of the club.

Looks like being a good 2022/23 for us.

On 08/04/2022 at 15:02, Ajarrett said:

Update on Fishery progress.

260 Fishery members enrolled in two weeks from opening, meaning we have already taken enough cash to break-even for the whole Fishery year 

Add to that over 430 renewals for the main part of the club.

Looks like being a good 2022/23 for us.

I’m confused, you had 1,500 overall membership in your February 24 post but now have 690 how is that a good 2022/23?

36 minutes ago, JKD said:

Read the OP again properly 😉

Must be me being stupid,

in February 24th

The club will see its membership grow by about 600 with this acquisition, and overall membership grow to over 1,500.

Now after membership due for 2022/23

260 Fishery members Add to that over 430 renewals for the main part of the club.

So 690 unless the over 430 is significantly over 430 like 1240

or where am I going wrong ?

1 hour ago, rbrowning2 said:

Must be me being stupid,

in February 24th

The club will see its membership grow by about 600 with this acquisition, and overall membership grow to over 1,500.

Now after membership due for 2022/23

260 Fishery members Add to that over 430 renewals for the main part of the club.

So 690 unless the over 430 is significantly over 430 like 1240

or where am I going wrong ?

I'm reading that there are about 600 members carried over from the previous club's membership ? 2 club's members converged, KWCA and Mid-Kent Fisheries, with a predicted membership of over 1500 ? Final figures don't appear to be posted yet 🤷 That's how I'm reading it.

Perhaps Alan will look in and make things clearer

😁

Edited by JKD

On 10/04/2022 at 16:35, JKD said:

I'm reading that there are about 600 members carried over from the previous club's membership ? 2 club's members converged, KWCA and Mid-Kent Fisheries, with a predicted membership of over 1500 ? Final figures don't appear to be posted yet 🤷 That's how I'm reading it.

Perhaps Alan will look in and make things clearer

😁

Exactly, that's the membership so far against a predicted (hope for!) 1,500. As of this morning 827 - which is pleasing at this very early stage (renewals were due 1st April, although many paid before that).

Fee for Air Rifle Hunting is £175 all in. Daily permits (at no charge) for hunting across 27 sites currently available. We expect to add to the 27 sites during the year. Includes full insurance cover.

ARH members currently capped at 70, with 7 vacancies as of this morning!

1 hour ago, Ajarrett said:

Fee for Air Rifle Hunting is £175 all in. Daily permits (at no charge) for hunting across 27 sites currently available. We expect to add to the 27 sites during the year. Includes full insurance cover.

ARH members currently capped at 70, with 7 vacancies as of this morning!

Thanks for that 👍 I had a glance at the KWCA website and I'm sure I saw that the visits for ARH was limited ? Could you clarify that please ? TIA

58 minutes ago, Ajarrett said:

There are a few limitations: on certain areas access is closed during the game shooting season; all permit areas are for limited numbers - usually 2; but there is more than enough land to cater for the 70 cap on numbers

Thanks for the reply again Alan. Sorry to be aiming lots of questions your way 😁

I was referring to the number of visits per annum to locations,,,, is that limited or sort of go as many times as the members want to ?

Just to add,,,, I'm genuinely interested and I'm down near Chilham regularly visiting my partner and working also 🙂

Appreciate your time 👍

Edited by JKD

21 minutes ago, Ajarrett said:

No limit on annual visits. If there's a permit free you can go! Every day if there's a permit available! We have shooting in North/Mid Kent and Essex, but most of the airgunning is in the Whitstable area, so decent access from the Chilham area

Cheers Alan, just what I wanted to hear 🙂 I'm actually working near Whitstable and Herne Bay quite often, so could coincide work and evening shooting,,,, result 😃 Thanks again for your time and replies 🙏

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shooting renewals are slower this year - lots of problems: cost of living; shotguns certificates etc. Fishing going really well

Despite that total membership has just passed 1,200.

Had hoped for more by now, but shooting and fishing both showing a profit. Difficult financial climate!

Plenty of time to go!

• 1 month later...