Browning t bolt 22 lr

ratter 1

A nice lightweight pointable rifle especially the one I had in synthetic (this was a .17 HMR). I liked the straight pull action and the magazine, it was also accurate.

However and this is a big however the trigger I found was horrible. It was really heavy so much so that the first couple of times I took it out I kept thinking I had left the safety catch on. You can mod the trigger to make it lighter but its not like the CZ where you buy cheap kits with different springs it does involve some surgery on the unit itself.

In the end I ended up stumping up for Jard trigger unit that to be honest transformed the rifle  the down side of this was the trigger was about 40% of the cost of the rifle.......

On 25/02/2022 at 07:09, Zetter said:

A nice lightweight pointable rifle especially the one I had in synthetic (this was a .17 HMR). I liked the straight pull action and the magazine, it was also accurate.

However and this is a big however the trigger I found was horrible. It was really heavy so much so that the first couple of times I took it out I kept thinking I had left the safety catch on. You can mod the trigger to make it lighter but its not like the CZ where you buy cheap kits with different springs it does involve some surgery on the unit itself.

In the end I ended up stumping up for Jard trigger unit that to be honest transformed the rifle  the down side of this was the trigger was about 40% of the cost of the rifle.......

I agree, the triggers are stiff with no feel and hardly any movement. A shame as they’re nice rifles otherwise, and the magazine is a great design.

On 24/02/2022 at 17:54, ratter 1 said:

Hi all I’m looking for reviews on a browning t bolt 22 lr .I was after a tikka but can’t find one anywhere left handed thanks 

I have one and it does the job. Nice handy rifle, not to long even with the moderator. Took me a while to get used to the action after some 60 odd years of normal bolt actions

but now just a normal action very precise.

The trigger on mine is nice and crisp, again I think it is after getting used to a hair trigger. I shoot a fair range of rifles and shotguns and a trigger is a trigger....ease don't be a jerk was the saying whispered your ear on the range.

Edited by Walker570

I bought a new one last year and don't regret it. I got interested in a cz457 synthetic but the gap around the barrel/stock is simply horrendous. Then i saw the tbolt, very nice magazine, lovely walnut stock and straight pull did it for me. the trigger is very crisp but quite heavy. very accurate with eley ammo and built by miroku. pay your money and make your choice!