All occupants of the property form

mgsontour

Just sorting out my SGC renewal and had a question regarding a decommissioned gun so contacted LANCS HQ no problems, while on the phone the girl said make sure you send all 3 forms in together or it will be rejected, OK I said. Thank you

So printed the application/renewal form as a pack from their website which contained the application plus the medical forms which equals 2 so back on the phone to be told...... Aaaaaah yes you also need the all occupants of the property form ( below )

firearms-licencing-co-residence-form.pdf (lancashire.police.uk)

I can remember only reading this once on PW some time ago but apart from that knew nothing about it, how many people will be innocently applying for a renewal without the extra form required. I know there are soooooooooooo many hoops to jump through depending of your postcode but wow they ain't making it easy and damn right obstructive.

Anyhow rant over and hopefully people don't fall foul of a complex system.

Good luck lads

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that even legal? GDPR

First principle: lawfulness, fairness (and transparency)

For law enforcement processing this principle requires the processing to be:

• necessary for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security
  • targeted and proportionate and not carried out if it is possible to reasonably achieve the purpose by alternative, less intrusive means
  • fair to data subjects, but only where doing so would not prejudice law enforcement purposes. Fairness requires being clear and open with data subjects about how their information is used, in keeping with their reasonable expectations.

In addition, for law enforcement processing, where sensitive processing occurs it must be strictly necessary, it must meet a DPA Schedule 8 condition, and an appropriate policy document must be in place to demonstrate compliance, safeguards and processes.

For general processing, this principle requires the police:

• to identify valid grounds (known as a ‘lawful basis’) for collecting and using personal data
  • to ensure a UK GDPR Article 6(1) condition is met
  • to ensure that it does not do anything with the personal data in breach of any other laws
  • to use personal data in a way that is fair, meaning it must not be processed in a way that is unduly detrimental, unexpected or misleading to the data subjects concerned
  • to be clear, open and honest with people from the start about how their personal data will be used.

If general processing involves special category data, a UK GDPR Article 6(2) special processing condition must be met. Additionally, if the processing involves criminal offence data, it must comply with UK GDPR Article 10.

Second principle: purpose limitation

For law enforcement processing, this principle requires the processing to be:

• for a defined law enforcement process
  • specified, explicit and legitimate
  • compatible with the original reason and justification for processing.

For general processing this principle requires the police:

• to be clear about what the purposes for processing are from the start
  • to record the purposes as part of their documentation obligations and specify them in privacy information for individuals
  • to only use the personal data for a new purpose if either this is compatible with your original purpose, or if consented to by the data subject, or there is a clear basis in law to do so.
Edited by oowee

23 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

They did ask for all other occupants names when they phoned for the interview though. 

So maybe this will become a thing.

Yes this was the case for me as well, Leicestershire FAO took details of other household occupants at the time of the visit though.

So it looks like each firearms dep't will have their own way of gathering this information 

I understand things can be open to interpretation but if I didn't have a query then I would have never known. The must read notes than came out of the application pack ( pack to me is a pack of what you need ) there was no mention of this extra form. Hopefully other LANCS residents will read this post before they assume their doing the right thing only for it to be bounced and they end up having to lodge guns with gunsmiths while its sorted

I had this in the SYP area.

I was told all occupants are already past the first 2 levels of my security, 1st level was taken to be my alarm and cameras and the 2nd level was taken to be my external doors, so their credibility was taking into account. I actually support this.

I heard a whisper that not just their police intelligence file entries were looked at, but they also considered their medical issues ! 

3 hours ago, Tonka54 said:

Yes this was the case for me as well, Leicestershire FAO took details of other household occupants at the time of the visit though.

So it looks like each firearms dep't will have their own way of gathering this information 

14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Never seen such a load of..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately Leics have not YET slipped to such a low level.

I mentioned a book   "Tango Juliet Foxtrot" some time ago. No kidding read that , even the first chapter and you will see where the British Police Force has gone worng.

Not sure this is still true, from the statement above.

What a crock of 💩! Let’s all just lay down and get shafted by whoever shall we! 
Come on folk, let’s grow a backbone please! I have a FIL who doesn’t know what day it is let alone which year, as long as he gets his pheasants! My MIL couldn’t care less and neither could my OH. 
How far are you prepared to let this go?

Co habitants? Relatives? Neighbours? Down the road in the next street?
The more you give the more they’ll take. 
Those membership subs still worth your money? 

21 hours ago, mgsontour said:

I understand things can be open to interpretation but if I didn't have a query then I would have never known. The must read notes than came out of the application pack ( pack to me is a pack of what you need ) there was no mention of this extra form. Hopefully other LANCS residents will read this post before they assume their doing the right thing only for it to be bounced and they end up having to lodge guns with gunsmiths while its sorted

Thanks for that, well spotted!

downloaded and completed. Just waiting for the stuff to come back from MedCert then I'm good to,go

4 hours ago, Diver One said:

Thanks for that, well spotted!

downloaded and completed. Just waiting for the stuff to come back from MedCert then I'm good to,go

My GP did mine in 12 days, which is faster than getting an appointment; amazing what cash does

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Wish Norfolk was ‘online’ as my renewal is due. 

Take care and get someone to read it over for you once completed as silly mistakes are easy to make 

Apparently it is as a consequence of the Plymouth tragedy.

As we would expect as the police try to move the blame away from themselves, by putting more and more checks in the application process.

Next is full cost recovery.

Been recently told a lot who currently own firearms are expected to fail at renewal as far more stringent checks are made on the applicant, applicants address and occupants.

1 hour ago, mgsontour said:

My GP did mine in 12 days, which is faster than getting an appointment; amazing what cash does

Take care and get someone to read it over for you once completed as silly mistakes are easy to make 

15 minutes ago, Diver One said:

I mentioned cash. They said no

i mentioned Private, their eyes lit up and they mentioned £200. I said no😂

Why are you two getting your GPs to fill in All Occupants Forms?