Peltor SporTac ear defenders - opinions please

Townie

Having struggled with passive over ear defenders (effective, but can't hear instructions or anything else for that matter) and in-ear plugs (fiddly and easily lost) I'm thinking of buying some Peltor SporTacs, on the grounds that they're what many people seem to use. 

Any thoughts please?

I've had a pair for a few years now and like them. But in the summer they can be a bit clammy .

You can also catch your stock on them when mounting the gun if not careful. 

I also have in-ear plugs but prefer the Peltors. I would buy another pair if i lost them or they broke.

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

You won't go far wrong with Peltor, I don't have the SporTac, but do have a set of Peltor RangeGuard and they haven't missed a beat.

I have had the sporTacs for 5 years and never had a issue, quite comfortable over long periods, I would agree with Samboy can be a bit warm on hot days but I have fitted the replacement gel pads which are much more comfy than the ones they come with.

I think the Peltor ones are generally well regarded. However, have a look at Sordin also. My old Deben ‘Slim Electronic’ ear defenders eventually packed up after about 15 years. After probably too much research and faff, I ended up replacing them with Sordin electronic ear defenders. They aren’t too bulky and don’t knock the gun. Pleased with them so far. 

On 26/02/2022 at 16:53, samboy said:

I've had a pair for a few years now and like them. But in the summer they can be a bit clammy .

You can also catch your stock on them when mounting the gun if not careful. 

I also have in-ear plugs but prefer the Peltors. I would buy another pair if i lost them or they broke.

This.

Oh and I can 3.5mm jack in if I want music if I shoot solo :D

18 minutes ago, Fellside said:

I think the Peltor ones are generally well regarded. However, have a look at Sordin also. My old Deben ‘Slim Electronic’ ear defenders eventually packed up after about 15 years. After probably too much research and faff, I ended up replacing them with Sordin electronic ear defenders. They aren’t too bulky and don’t knock the gun. Pleased with them so far. 

Yep. MSA Sordin supreme Pro X. Gel filled cups are very comfortable.