Fuel problems again ?

holloway

14 hours ago, Walker570 said:

My closest is 5 miles away the next closest is 40 miles away. I'm fortinate that I pass the 5 mile one every week or so  and top up.  The 3.9V8 is a hungry beast but the sound it makes is worth the extra.:good:  It was 95 last week but I am sure it will go over the £ on the next delivery.

In the late 1980’s I had a V8 LR110 station wagon with an LPG conversion. LPG stations were few and far between. I wrote to all the large fuel companies for a list of their LPG stations. Only Shell bothered to reply. Can you believe they had only SIX stations with LPG in the whole U.K.?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Stonepark said:

Even before Ukraine, and taking into account the recent increase in Kerosene prices, I now recken it is going to be cheaper to heat with Kero than it is with mains gas....if the domestic gas rates catch up to the spot market in gas.

Kerosene c2 heating oil now 92p ltr.

Spoke with the guy who has rebuilt my Landy LPG system this morning and there is no LPG anywhere in Leicestershire and my supplier at Tamworth/Staffs is empty. Word is no deliveries for at least ten days.  Big problem is The Caravan Club decend as soon as pumps are working and empty them.  Turn up with Trannies full of LPG drums and fill them up. Not supposed to but owners get threats.

9 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Drove past 2 garages this morning with diesel at £1.69.9 …

Morrisons was £157.9 … but shut, no fuel.

Trying Tesco later 🤞

A fair bit of difference down this way , tonight at Morrisons the diesel was £1.53. something , and the petrol was £1.51 . something , they must know we have only got short pockets :lol:

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

A fair bit of difference down this way , tonight at Morrisons the diesel was £1.53. something , and the petrol was £1.51 . something , they must know we have only got short pockets 

The two village ones here had diesel at £1.71 and £1.78 respectively.

Trip to Asda tomorrow as have to work out of LHR this week. 

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

The two village ones here had diesel at £1.71 and £1.78 respectively.

Trip to Asda tomorrow as have to work out of LHR this week. 

Couldn't you siphon a few gallons out of your work vehicle ?. I'm sure nobody would notice 😁.

9 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Couldn't you siphon a few gallons out of your work vehicle ?. I'm sure nobody would notice 😁.

You mean, carry out a ‘Great Escape’ type heist and have some little plastic bags hidden in my trousers?

As Jim said, it would run but without the same lubricating properties as it’s a ‘lighter’ oil, then damage would occur. 

My wife once refuelled with Petrol in our diesel Volvo, it made it five or so miles down the road before it had a hissy fit and she was forced to pull over.

Had it drained, but it had caused one on the turbo pipes to fracture for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

You mean, carry out a ‘Great Escape’ type heist and have some little plastic bags hidden in my trousers?

As Jim said, it would run but without the same lubricating properties as it’s a ‘lighter’ oil, then damage would occur. 

My wife once refuelled with Petrol in our diesel Volvo, it made it five or so miles down the road before it had a hissy fit and she was forced to pull over.

Had it drained, but it had caused one on the turbo pipes to fracture for some reason. 

I got curious after I'd posted last night , so did a bit of googling  .  I'd never considered the possibility of doing it before. I reckon a few drops of engine oil in a gallon of jet fuel and you'd be good to go 😁.

In the dim and distant past , during my time as a automotive apprentice, I wondered how a two stroke motorbike would run on cellulose paint thinners . Well , it went like a xxxxxxx rocket for about 20 miles , before the piston rings got burned to dust 😁.