Perfect start to spring

WalkedUp

Back from a beautiful run this morning, blue sky with some whispy haze clearing from the lightly frosted ground. As I ran I noticed the blackthorn blossom, with crocuses and daffodils coming out along the edge of the common. We bumped many cosy pairs of mallards as we ran along the edge of a small brook. No matter what is going on in the world it is hard not to feel filled with optimism and joy on a day like today. 

All four seasons have it's merits and if I had to pick one I would have to think long and hard and it would most likely be the Spring with Autumn a close second , In the Summer I tend to get up as the sun is rising which is around 5 am in June when the days are long to enjoy it as much as possible , then as the lovely Autumn close it's door and Winter arrive my thoughts turn to what sport is just around the corner , so in other words , we haven't got a bad season but some are slightly better than others :lol:

• 5 months later...
On 06/03/2022 at 18:28, Genghis said:

It’s been a great weekend, but I unfortunately have to be that guy who points out that it is still officially winter until 20th March.

Spring when related to seasons, weather etc is meteorological and starts on 1st March. Astronomical spring starts 20th March but relates to the solar system rather than the climate. It is unfortunate that they both share the same four names as it frequently causes confusion, especially as in some regions as are related (albeit with seasonal lag), obviously this is not an issue in regions that do not have a four-season climate (monsoon/dry etc).