Shrove Tuesday

amateur

Lemon and granulated sugar, because that's what my Granny used to give me.

Husband will have maple syrup and ice-cream a la 1980s Little Chef 

Child will have Nutella because she is easily swayed by advertising as are her friends.

The pancakes will be FLAT, like a good English pancake should be, but not meanly thin like a French crepe.

24 minutes ago, discobob said:

fresh air - not allowed them 😞

19 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Lemon and granulated sugar, because that's what my Granny used to give me......

I only get them once a year with the healthy filling.

Yup, we had sugar (or golden syrup) and lemon as children, but not allowed now.

17 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Lemon and granulated sugar, because that's what my Granny used to give me.

Husband will have maple syrup and ice-cream a la 1980s Little Chef 

Child will have Nutella because she is easily swayed by advertising as are her friends.

The pancakes will be FLAT, like a good English pancake should be, but not meanly thin like a French crepe.

Yes lemon and sugar - way to go for the grown ups (so called…?!) in our tribe anyway.
My children have press ganged me in to serving up maple syrup on theirs. How American is that? The frenzy begins tonight - can’t wait. 

I had half of a lemon and sugar pancake at about 2200hrs last night, all that was left when I got home from work. 

My boys have pancakes each Sunday with me, 3 eggs, 450ml whole milk, 150g plain flour, dash of olive oil. Preheated and buttered pan on a low heat. They now cook them themselves and I just drink tea and wash up. They normally have Nutella but are moving onto lemon and sugar. We will continue to have them throughout lent. 

The only thing I am religious about is the superiority of English pancakes over those horrid Scotch or America abominations. I know it is insane but I actually think less of people who prefer the big fluffy things. Sorry, not sorry. 

2 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I had half of a lemon and sugar pancake at about 2200hrs last night, all that was left when I got home from work. 

My boys have pancakes each Sunday with me, 3 eggs, 450ml whole milk, 150g plain flour, dash of olive oil. Preheated and buttered pan on a low heat. They now cook them themselves and I just drink tea and wash up. They normally have Nutella but are moving onto lemon and sugar. We will continue to have them throughout lent. 

The only thing I am religious about is the superiority of English pancakes over those horrid Scotch or America abominations. I know it is insane but I actually think less of people who prefer the big fluffy things. Sorry, not sorry. 

You could always make it an opening question when you meet people. At the same time as shaking their hand, ask in a menacing voice: “do you like fluffy pancakes or the proper ones?” 😆😆