Decided to do my bit for global warming

Modafinale

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind may not be as much fun as my Triumph back in 1963..64...66 because I had blue lights, twin tones and all singing all dancing back then.  Shades obviously.  Motorists lived in fear:yahoo:   No jesting apart have fun but stay safe, remember what my police advanced instructor told us back in 1963 on our first day out on instruction..."All them ******** out there are trying ti kill you".   I think he meant illegimate children.

Edited by Walker570

The last one I rode was the Saint. The initial Saint from the factory was pathetic with non existent brakes but then they sorted it and they where pretty good fun to ride.

Riding one of the original Saints I had the embarrasment of running into the back of a school bus on the A34 near Wooten Wawen. Only the investigation by some independant road engineers saved me from prosecution and I was vindicated.  Drum brakes back then guys....mens bikes:good:

Birmingham City had BSAs and the Triumph just had the edge in a straight line. The City guys used to come out on the A45 down to Stonebridge to blow the dust out of their bikes and we would zoom past them on the way back...all good natured.

Edited by Walker570

Looked a Ducati 916 and this Aprilia RS 250 . 
not had a road bike since I sold  my 97 Fireblade in 1999, chap with the 916 said it’s only happy flat out and at 56 didn’t fancy 150+Mph  flat out riding any more so with a top speed of 130mph the 250 won 🏆 

Not had a two stroke bike on the road  since 1989 🤣 Saturday was its first time on the road after 12 years hibernation by the previous owner.

And I was told on my driving test to ride like everyone is trying to kill you 

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

The last one I rode was the Saint. The initial Saint from the factory was pathetic with non existent brakes but then they sorted it and they where pretty good fun to ride.

Riding one of the original Saints I had the embarrasment of running into the back of a school bus on the A34 near Wooten Wawen. Only the investigation by some independant road engineers saved me from prosecution and I was vindicated.  Drum brakes back then guys....mens bikes:good:

Birmingham City had BSAs and the Triumph just had the edge in a straight line. The City guys used to come out on the A45 down to Stonebridge to blow the dust out of their bikes and we would zoom past them on the way back...all good natured.

Was it true?  SAINT = Stop Anything In No Time.

The initial Saint we had issued had drum brakes from around the 1950s or so it seemed but they quickly upgraded to twin leading shoes and they where much better.

As in all good driving , particularly motorcycling you should try to never really need them other than coming to a normal stop.... road management and acceleration sense with observations out to the horizon.