Shale Gas

B725

Concidering the global mess we now find ourselves in is it now time to start fracking for gas and have cheap energy. Apparently Germany is going to invest in coal so to be less reliant on external energy. I was reading an article about shale gas our's is far better quality than the US and the technology now moved on so it causes almost no issues, the gas in the US is a quarter of what we pay and they have so much of it they export it. 

I think it's time to start again and tell the eco nutters if they don't want cheap energy they can have a expensive wind turbine just for them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was originally against it.........but things have changed now.......what does worry me is...will Quadrillar be involed as it has connections to the house of lords...and will corners be cut........and will they sell it at market rates..........if they do it will make no difference whatsoever to the plight of folk trying to keep warm at todays prices

Ministers at odds over restarting fracking to boost energy supplies

"Ministers are embroiled in a fresh Cabinet row over restarting fracking in Britain in a bid to boost energy supplies after Russia invaded Ukraine. Brexit minister Jacob Rees-Mogg is at odds with the Business Secretary Kwasi Kwarteng over how to drive down soaring energy bills. Brits face a huge squeeze in their incomes when the price cap rises to £1,900 a year in October, and is expected to jump again come October as costs stay high. Mr Rees-Mogg and a group of Tory MPs are piling pressure on the PM to look again at fracking to boost supplies and "keep the lights on", despite a long-running ban on all activity over earthquake fears. The Brexit Opportunities minister and around 30 backbenchers met with representatives from fracking firm Cuadrilla in Parliament earlier this week." - The Sun

I’m all for it. 
The Woodhouse mine was given the go ahead by Cumbrian council planners; the intention was to extract coking coal from under the Irish Sea, creating massive employment to a much deprived area, but then the nimbys and greens objected. Unless it’s given the go ahead then we’ll no doubt rely on imports.
None of it makes sense to me, but when has logic ever played a part in an agenda? 

Even with that mad Putin, I don't think it will happen, The British goverment will just drag it's feet, nothing new there, They would hope when the war is over, as it has too some time, things will resume as they were, I am one for keeping the screw on Russia, until Putin, Laverof, take a trip to the Hague.

7 minutes ago, P08 said:

Even with that mad Putin, I don't think it will happen, The British goverment will just drag it's feet, nothing new there, They would hope when the war is over, as it has too some time, things will resume as they were, I am one for keeping the screw on Russia, until Putin, Laverof, take a trip to the Hague.

Hello, cannot see Putin ever going to the Hague, or any of his murderous generals 

41 minutes ago, countryman said:

It’s all very well with these eco warrior’s constantly banging on about the future, we have real serious problems right now.

Hello, have to agree, has Thunberg gone into hiding ? The future for our young generation will be very difficult for many, 

1 hour ago, countryman said:

It’s all very well with these eco warrior’s constantly banging on about the future, we have real serious problems right now.

Exactly, Adam Hollioak the MP has just returned from Ukrain and Poland and he was all for getting fracking up and going . He seemed to have his screwed on the right way.

He even suggested that Nigel should be 'recognised'  but I think he should either stay as he is or be put in the Lords to kick ***

There os little doubt that all the eco fluffies have had their say too much and all this nonesense of planting up acres of trees on farmland and leaving 6 mtr strips around perfectly good growing ground where we could produce our OWN food and not be reliant on shipments from around the world would certainly save as much carbon. BUT thses fluffies still go into the Supermarket and buy all the imported goods.  Just check the labels next time you shop.

As far as I'm concerned we should have renewed the nuclear power plants.

If we must persist with fossil fuels and we are not prepared to harvest reserves close to home then why not build a pipeline from Africa and raise their standard of living based on the revenues generated.

Going back to coal, no thanks.

I agree about the coal mines but we need a government firm enough to defeat the unions who would hijack it, so that won't happen. All the eco mobs, speech correction, thought correction and lets not forget about wolf whistling young ladies are much more important woke drivel that has distracted and weakened the west.

I saw a comment made on UK news that all of Europe has funded Putins war by buying energy and food from someone we ought not to have thought lightly of. As above we ought to have been firm enough to spend our loot on bomb proof nuclear power rather than Russian gas and French power.

And bring our heavy industry back.

Edited by Dave-G

It's a strange world, Tsunami knocks over a nuclear power station, within months Merkil starts to de commision Germany's nuclear power stations, and does a deal with Russia for it's gas, I think it was President Trump who said, "hey what you doing"  I have previously mentioned Putin, Laverof having a trip to the Hague for war crimes, is it far fetched?

Remember Milosevic the Serb leader, who thought he was untouchable, We have to in the longterm destroy Russia with sanctions, and keep are nerve, and don't go cap in hand for gas, Today it was announced in Russia 15 years for those who do not publish the party line, as regards reporting what is going on in Ukraine, The Ruble is worthless, people's money is not accessible as it was.

Let's see how long we keep it up, or how long Russia takes to see the light.

4 hours ago, B725 said:

Concidering the global mess we now find ourselves in is it now time to start fracking for gas and have cheap energy. Apparently Germany is going to invest in coal so to be less reliant on external energy. I was reading an article about shale gas our's is far better quality than the US and the technology now moved on so it causes almost no issues, the gas in the US is a quarter of what we pay and they have so much of it they export it. 

I think it's time to start again and tell the eco nutters if they don't want cheap energy they can have a expensive wind turbine just for them.

Why shouldn't common sense surface here, surely we could have used our coal as a temporary buffer to enable a sustainable future fuel source?

What do our idiots do but force us further down the road to economic ruin because a few more idiots are continued to be  listened to?

When the lights go off the real fun might start?

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, cannot see Putin ever going to the Hague, or any of his murderous generals 

Hello, have to agree, has Thunberg gone into hiding ? The future for our young generation will be very difficult for many, 

Well seemingly revered now with a statue at one of our universities? What a joke, seat of learning my &r**

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

I agree about the coal mines but we need a government firm enough to defeat the unions who would hijack it, so that won't happen. All the eco mobs, speech correction, thought correction and lets not forget about wolf whistling young ladies are much more important woke drivel that has distracted and weakened the west.

I saw a comment made on UK news that all of Europe has funded Putins war by buying energy and food from someone we ought not to have thought lightly of. As above we ought to have been firm enough to spend our loot on bomb proof nuclear power rather than Russian gas and French power.

And bring our heavy industry back.

Yep, good to dream?

Unless I've got it wong: It seems wholesale gas prices have soared by 17 times - so despite cutting so much with Russia, Europe is still buying gas at 17 times the price it was paying a year or so ago. That's one heck of a price rise Russia is getting paid by Europe for its war.

Youtube, Putin addresses the world, "stop sanctions" Hmm I did not hear that anywere else, is it true, It might be, but of course when the dust is settled on this bloody mess, politicians will leave it for a bit, resume as normal, I can see it coming.

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

Any thoughts on Nigel Farage - launching a movement for a referendum on the Politico Green Agenda etc...

Although I support their cause and would welcome a referendum, I can't see this government allowing one, as they know it is not a referendum the government will win.

(And Carrie will not be happy)

Edited by Newbie to this