New Shotgun

Kerm

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Isn't one narrower and shallower then the other in dimensions of the action? If so it's worth considering if relevant which will be more comfortable to carry broken over the arm? Plenty on the internet about trigger issues with the 725 and light loads.

The trigger issues are mostly caused by not releasing the trigger correctly especially when wearing gloves, light loads don’t make a difference because the 725 has mechanical triggers.

Edited by steve1066

I was the same - went to my dealer and a 525 fitted better than Beretta's. Then he showed me a 2nd hand 725 for same money - it fitted more or less perfectly so that was my choice.

I tend to shoot 27/28g now for clays, but when starting I went through around 500 21g with no issues.

On 04/03/2022 at 22:45, steve1066 said:

light loads don’t make a difference because the 725 has mechanical triggers.

Not quite true. Browning advertise it as having mechanical triggers but it's really a hybrid because it still relies on an inertia block. American skeet shooters who use sub gauge tubes down to .410 typically have to send their 725s in for adjustment to work with light shells.

4 hours ago, Westward said:

Not quite true. Browning advertise it as having mechanical triggers but it's really a hybrid because it still relies on an inertia block. American skeet shooters who use sub gauge tubes down to .410 typically have to send their 725s in for adjustment to work with light shells.

Then I must have a special Prosport, because I can release both strike pins without having any cartridges down the barrel, can you elaborate on the hybrid action this sounds most interesting.

6 hours ago, Westward said:

Hello, I have a 2021 model 725 game. It is definitely 100% mechanical triggers.  Super gun, no problem whatsoever with light loads or anything else. No experience of 525 for comparisons. Regards

Edited by benbobailey

6 minutes ago, rding said:

I have Pro sport and it’s my first gun. I bought some 21g cartridges as it’s what I had been shooting on my lessons but kept having difficulty with the second shot not firing. Switched to 24g and not had a problem since.

Use up the 21 gram loads by putting a 24 gram load in the first barrel.

I have a 725 that I have shot 50 to 75 clays most weekends for the last 3 -4 years. Light loads never had an issue but shoot 24?/ 28 g I believe it’s a mechanical trigger 

is your clay ground fibre only as my 725 can suffer from lead fowling due to overboared barrels on fibres ( mine did when I bought it ) easily sorted but worth a mention.

shoot both and go with what floats your boat !

I have both 725 and 535 I tend to take the 725 .

the wood on the 725 can be prone to splitting! But the so can the 535 !

atb agriv8

I wasn't even remotely suggesting that 725s won't shoot 21gm loads or that light loads affect all of them. But there are many American skeet shooters who've had to have their inertia springs reset so that hey can use sub gauge tubes.

Just because you can dry fire both barrels without bumping the stock doesn't mean the triggers are proper mechanical ones. Basically all our triggers are "mechanical" in the literal meaning of the word, which is how Browning can get away with their advertising claim, but 725 triggers are not pukka mechanical ones, they're a fudged inertia system which mostly behaves like mechanical triggers- at least until the load is too light.

50 minutes ago, Westward said:

I wasn't even remotely suggesting that 725s won't shoot 21gm loads or that light loads affect all of them. But there are many American skeet shooters who've had to have their inertia springs reset so that hey can use sub gauge tubes.

Just because you can dry fire both barrels without bumping the stock doesn't mean the triggers are proper mechanical ones. Basically all our triggers are "mechanical" in the literal meaning of the word, which is how Browning can get away with their advertising claim, but 725 triggers are not pukka mechanical ones, they're a fudged inertia system which mostly behaves like mechanical triggers- at least until the load is too light.

The current, latest, most recent 725 game guns are 100% mechanical triggers . Not hybrid/fudge/inertia or anything else! Old, out of date Google info may say otherwise but the new game models are mechanical. I do not know about other latest versions, sporter etc, but the game gun is mechanical" as we understand it". Regards

4 hours ago, benbobailey said:

The current, latest, most recent 725 game guns are 100% mechanical triggers . Not hybrid/fudge/inertia or anything else! Old, out of date Google info may say otherwise but the new game models are mechanical. I do not know about other latest versions, sporter etc, but the game gun is mechanical" as we understand it". Regards

Then they must have been redesigned to work without an inertia block. It's news to me but then I'm not a Browning follower.

21 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Only sold is a sand used to make it difficult to close on the foreshore, a problems that I dont have with current Beretta

Philistine! 
I shot foreshores for over 25 years and was never once careless enough to try and close a gun with sand or mud in the action. 

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Then they must have been redesigned to work without an inertia block. It's news to me but then I'm not a Browning follower.

The opening post subject matter is "new" 725 gun.  The new guns, as stated, are designed without  inertia block or other systems and are mechanical  trigger systems. Old news on the internet or experience of using older Brownings is of no consequence about their features,when discussing "new updated models'.  Regards