Fuel cost. Help

Nitram xx

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep .it's set to go up to around  £2.50 a ltr 

I've been driving my van very carefully and have managed to get it from 37 mpg to around 45 mpg .average on my daily run .

That's a big performance increase that helps somewhat the rising cost .

Also I try not to make any unnecessary  journeys. 

7 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

1.75 white, 1.19 red here. ****s hitting the fan 

Red is gonna be very limited in where u can use it soon .

Doesn't appear to be any less cars on the road yet, which surprised me. It will bite before long and I think a great many people are going to suffer quite a bit.

Wait until their electric bills start coming in. My direct debit payments have gone from £36/month to £136/month for the same usage and they are set to rise again in October.

25 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, don't you mean £1.95p ?

Yes yes still coping with my shock £1.95

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Just looking at heating oil and can't get a price for it. Just put two weeks ago 200l of red in my boat at £1 a litre, just in time I think.

Where's your boat please? 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

My regular trip from London to Cornwall and back will be getting close to £200 in fuel now but I can do it on the train for about £35 each way, so its a no brainer

£35? that's good. So much nicer to sit on a train drink a coffee or two and read the paper or a decent book. Nice journey that one too. 

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

£35? that's good. So much nicer to sit on a train drink a coffee or two and read the paper or a decent book. Nice journey that one too. 

Since covid hit and my normal flights to/from work were reduced drastically.

I’ve taken more train journeys to London than I have in my whole life.

First few times were sort of an adventure. Soon became monotonous with frequent cancellations, delays, rail replacement services and then the tube strike last week really was the icing on the cake. 
Hopefully flights will resume up here. 

6 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Just paid £1:59 a litre for diesel at the nearest ASDA

Yes that's about right Jaymo , going past Morrisons tonight it have gone up to £1.57. something , more or less going up everyday , I am now trying to work out how to get all my Pigeon gear on the bus plus my dog so I can use my bus pass , somehow I think it will be a no no  :lol:

4 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Yes that's about right Jaymo , going past Morrisons tonight it have gone up to £1.57. something , more or less going up everyday , I am now trying to work out how to get all my Pigeon gear on the bus plus my dog so I can use my bus pass , somehow I think it will be a no no  

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I’ve taken more train journeys to London than I have in my whole life.

First few times were sort of an adventure. Soon became monotonous with frequent cancellations, delays, rail replacement services and then the tube strike last week really was the icing on the cake. 

You just spoiled the dream 😞