Fuel cost. Help

Nitram xx

9 hours ago, marsh man said:

Ours is more or less the same , although in our paper this morning it stated one garage at Long Stratton in Norfolk was selling diesel yesterday at £1.99.9 at liter , that is as close as you will get to £2.00 with no signs of things getting any better .

That place has always been expensive, just like the others down the A140.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mega annoyed, ive been sitting on a voucher from Morrisons for 7p off a litre, thought i'd wait till the 16th and use it then to get the most out of it. 

Should have put my glasses on it ran out on the 6th. DAM !!!

Been using the wifes car, that does 60+ MPG unlike my 23 ish MPG. 

A garage I drive past has gone up 20p in just 24 hrs .in 3 steps .

I asked the lad on the counter if they had had 3 separate fuel deliveries in that 24 hrs . He said no ,none  the manager just makes up the prices as he feels .

There are some people who are just adding to the problems .they don't see that it all comes back around and will cost him more .

That shell garage was empty when I went past it  this afternoon  .

Good .

Just now, Ultrastu said:

A garage I drive past has gone up 20p in just 24 hrs .in 3 steps .

I asked the lad on the counter if they had had 3 separate fuel deliveries in that 24 hrs . He said no ,none  the manager just makes up the prices as he feels .

There are some people who are just adding to the problems .they don't see that it all comes back around and will cost him more .

That shell garage was empty when I went past it  this afternoon  .

Good .

The Jet garage in the next village is well known for hiking prices ridiculously at every opportunity. The next closest fuel station is about a 20 minute drive. It’s gone as far as a local boycott of the station now purely out of principal. 

4 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

The Jet garage in the next village is well known for hiking prices ridiculously at every opportunity. The next closest fuel station is about a 20 minute drive. It’s gone as far as a local boycott of the station now purely out of principal. 

That's been said of a garage in Barrow, 199.9 yesterday unreal, but folk will go when others run out.

I filled up ( 110 Landrover ) about two weeks ago at our village garage, and it was 1.53 per litre. Just topped up today ( half a tank ) and it was 1.84 per litre. The lady at the til told me someone had told her ( friend of a mates mate 🙂) that they had passed Scotch Corner today where it was 2.15 per litre. 🤷‍♂️
A friend just took delivery yesterday of fuel oil which cost him the best part of 2k. 
Something’s gotta give. 
If we were French we would have blockaded 10 Downing Street by now. 🙂

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

I filled up ( 110 Landrover ) about two weeks ago at our village garage, and it was 1.53 per litre. Just topped up today ( half a tank ) and it was 1.84 per litre. The lady at the til told me someone had told her ( friend of a mates mate 🙂) that they had passed Scotch Corner today where it was 2.15 per litre. 🤷‍♂️
A friend just took delivery yesterday of fuel oil which cost him the best part of 2k. 
Something’s gotta give. 
If we were French we would have blockaded 10 Downing Street by now. 🙂

When fuel pricing is ‘Global’ it’s tricky to someone’s hand. UK duty on fuel is 57.95 and with that in mind, then it could be argued that descending on Downing Street might work.

But with the coffers so light from two years of Covid, I doubt there is the ability to cut it by any meaningful amount.

Local retailers taking advantage of price increases when not having had a delivery should be banned. When I left school and pumped gas, my boss only put the price up after a delivery. Ok, so some residual fuel would have been at the old cheaper rate but overall I think it was fair. 

23 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

When fuel pricing is ‘Global’ it’s tricky to someone’s hand. UK duty on fuel is 57.95 and with that in mind, then it could be argued that descending on Downing Street might work.

But with the coffers so light from two years of Covid, I doubt there is the ability to cut it by any meaningful amount.

Local retailers taking advantage of price increases when not having had a delivery should be banned. When I left school and pumped gas, my boss only put the price up after a delivery. Ok, so some residual fuel would have been at the old cheaper rate but overall I think it was fair. 

I just pay it cos I need it for work, and it’s not like we’re going to do anything about it apart from twine on here , but the last time I served fuel, 2 Star was about 32p per gallon, up to about 35p for a gallon of 5 Star. 
Brand new cars were delivered covered in a thin veneer of wax, which at the age of 14/15 I was expected to remove and then T-cut prior to going in the showroom, and very good at it I became. 
If you smoked, as I did at that time, 20p would get you 20 Embassy Gold or Players No 6.

Crisps cost 2 and a half p. 🙂

Edited by Scully
Crisps

33 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

That's a very narrow view

My view would be different if i needed to put fuel in my vehicle for work etc.  The only way prices could come down now is if government cut fuel duty, with the government finances the way they are i cant see that happening. If they did they would just get it some other way. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

I just pay it cos I need it for work, and it’s not like we’re going to do anything about it apart from twine on here , but the last time I served fuel, 2 Star was about 32p per gallon, up to about 35p for a gallon of 5 Star. 
Brand new cars were delivered covered in a thin veneer of wax, which at the age of 14/15 I was expected to remove and then T-cut prior to going in the showroom, and very good at it I became. 
If you smoked, as I did at that time, 20p would get you 20 Embassy Gold or Players No 6.

Crisps cost 2 and a half p. 🙂

Good god scully , you must be older than ditchman 😄.

I've solved the rising cost of fuel this evening . I asked my lad to fill my car up (that he uses every day), and pay for it himself this time . He kicked and screamed a bit , but did it in the end.😁

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Good god scully , you must be older than ditchman 😄.

I've solved the rising cost of fuel this evening . I asked my lad to fill my car up (that he uses every day), and pay for it himself this time . He kicked and screamed a bit , but did it in the end.😁

😀 Noooo, I don’t think anyones older than Ditchy! 🙂