Half shell decoy socks

Hi Guys

ive been having a look around for some socks to cover over the old half shell decoys but i'm struggling to find any that are as good as the full bodied ones, if anyone knows of a supplier or can send me a link it'll be much appreciated 

Thanks Al

Edited by bandit man
spelling

8 minutes ago, Old Boggy said:

Could you not just cut the sillosock in half and stick the top half onto the half shell. This would then allow them to be stacked.

OB

Morning Chris       With to days modern flocked half shell decoys , is there any logical reason to cover them up in the first place ? , I use my ones quite a lot now and especially if any amount of walking is involved , easy to carry , don't glare in the bright sunshine and now the rape is taking off they can be balanced on the top of the stalks .

I used your cartridges the other day and apart from one of the Red ones that didn't quite go in the breech ( it will now ) all the rest of the red ones were fine and I had a nice little bag of 18 , I was using the flocked shells on top of the rape and my dog brought each one back , as I was only going for a couple of hours I didn't bother to put the dead out and the pigeons were perfectly happy to come into the decoys as they were , so if it ain't broke then it is no need to mend it , so to speak :lol:

6 hours ago, marsh man said:

Morning Chris       With to days modern flocked half shell decoys , is there any logical reason to cover them up in the first place ? , I use my ones quite a lot now and especially if any amount of walking is involved , easy to carry , don't glare in the bright sunshine and now the rape is taking off they can be balanced on the top of the stalks .

I used your cartridges the other day and apart from one of the Red ones that didn't quite go in the breech ( it will now ) all the rest of the red ones were fine and I had a nice little bag of 18 , I was using the flocked shells on top of the rape and my dog brought each one back , as I was only going for a couple of hours I didn't bother to put the dead out and the pigeons were perfectly happy to come into the decoys as they were , so if it ain't broke then it is no need to mend it , so to speak :lol:

Good afternoon John,

Glad that the cartridges were put to good use and had the desired effect. Whilst I cleaned them up a bit, not having a 12 bore now (only 16s and a 20) I was unable to check for fit in the chamber, but sounds like you overcame that.

I too use flocked half shells which are light and stack well.

Thanks again for the cuppa, chat and hospitality shown to the wife and myself last week. Will give a bit more notice next time.

Best regards,

Chris

6 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Surely Shirley it would make more sense to rejuvenate the paint job!

You’re right Dave, probably the best solution.

And stop calling me Shirley 😂

OB

1 hour ago, bandit man said:

Thanks for the replies i think i'm just going to bite the bullet and splash out on some new flocked ones 👍

Have a look at the Jack Pyke shell decoys on Ebay item number 32509283495 £16.46 for 12 with the ground pegs  plus Free Postage

BARGAIN be quick as they have only got 3 lots left 

11 minutes ago, marsh man said:

You are right T C , they only had three sets left when I post the post on the forum , tell yer what Dave , sell Steve one of your sets , you don't want 48 new shell decoys do you ? :lol:

No, I don't.

I use SportPlast from Italy exclusively these days.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

No, I don't.

I use SportPlast from Italy exclusively these days.

My full body ones are Flexicoy , they are nearly as old as me :lol: , well not quite , this morning they had the once a year Spring clean , each one was washed and when fully dry they will get touched up with a drop of White undercoat , my flocked ones don't get the same treatment as they are several years old and still in very good condition , although they did get wet in yesterdays rain , today would have been a nice day for shooting but the estate had a drag hunt going on so I gave it a miss .:good:

By the way ,   Sportplast, a very good choice decoys .

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Nothing showing for that Ebay number.

Hi Steve ..... I have just had a look and on the listing it stated 7 sold and now all gone , when I saw them last night they had three left . I will keep my eyes open if any more bargains come up and then let you know :good:

• 3 weeks later...