Miroku 3800 Grade 3 Skeet Gun 12G

DSC_0490.jpg.6e493ffba60cd36c1ce60e69d70728fb.jpgDSC_0494.JPG.ccc6ee0f52ac2e56ca26895e0303f477.JPG

Reluctantly selling this great gun as I need to reduce my collection.

This is in brilliant condition and had very little use, only a few tiny marks to woodwork. Ver fast handling shoots like a dream!

BARGAIN AT £500

• Miroku 3800 G3 Skeet Gun
  • 12 Gauge
  • Over/Under single trigger ejector
  • 26" barrels
  • Chokes skeet/skeet
  • Face to face sale or transfer to RFD at cost.
  • Shotgun certificate required

DSC_0492.JPG

DSC_0495.JPG

Edited by Welshways
picture added

2 hours ago, miki said:

I'm interested in this - but I think your price is a tad high (not by a lot though )
I would need RFD as am near Edinburgh.

Cannot sell for any less sorry. To send to RFD costs £35, so need £535 to your RFD

3 hours ago, Gordon R said:

A few more photos might assist - gun open and position of top lever.

Will add more photos tomorrow, top lever is fine.

13 hours ago, Welshways said:

Cannot sell for any less sorry. To send to RFD costs £35, so need £535 to your RFD

Will add more photos tomorrow, top lever is fine.

OK - deal , will PM you for bank details etc...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought it .... picked it up yesterday.
The seller said "This is in brilliant condition and had very little use, only a few tiny marks to woodwork."

This is absolutely not true.
Here are some pictures ....

Well worn ... the forend is loose (tap it with your hand and it 'clacks') the blacking is very worn. The trigger guard is almost entirely bare metal and rusty, the trigger has lost all its coating and the ends of the barrels and areas where the forend rubs are bared back to raw metal.
This gun has been well used and abused, it doesn't look like it's been cleaned much by the state of the breech either.

Perhaps this wasn't the gun that @Welshwaysgave his RFD to sell and they swapped it for this old nail ?

I've bought it.
It wasn't a bargain @ £535...

If you'd care to refund me £200 @Welshways i'd feel a lot less aggrieved.

M3800_breechface.JPG

M3800_barrel-1.JPG

M3800_barrel-2.JPG

M3800_barrel-3.JPG

M3800_barrel-4.JPG

M3800_triggerandwood.JPG

Got home this evening to read .....

Sent: 27 March 2022 17:37
Subject: RE: Miroku Skeet

Hi Mikki,

I was most surprised to read your post on Pigeon Watch and if you had any queries about the condition of the gun it would have been far more civilised to have contacted me without the public slating. I felt very annoyed that you did that and an email would have been received with far more consideration.

As you will clearly recall apart from the photos on Pigeon watch I emailed 8 other close up photos so you could see exactly the condition of this gun. The bluing on the trigger guard was clearly shown as was the barrel ends caused by rubbing on gun slip. The coating on the trigger was clearly shown and the overall condition of the gun, which being around 40 years old is in excellent condition.  If you were not satisfied having seen all the photos you should not have bought the gun.

Regarding the price paid of £500 plus shipping this reflects the minor faults shown in the photos, and for your information there are 10 Miroku Grade 3 guns on Gun Trader the cheapest being  £795. Please feel free to check this for yourself.

I will certainly not be offering any refund whatsoever and your attempt to get the gun for a silly price is insulting.

Perhaps you could respond to this before I post a detailed reply in Pigeon Watch, copying this email.

Regards,
David Cooke

Here's my reply ...

David

Post away, the only picture you sent me was the one attached here ..... which you sent on Sent: 11 March 2022 17:41
No other photos were received.
The picture on the forum are too small for any real detail and do present the gun as being in a lot better condition than it is when you have it in your hand.

You said the gun was "in brilliant condition and had very little use, only a few tiny marks to woodwork" - which plainly is (at best) being economical with the truth.
The gun is NOT in brilliant condition.

I appreciate that you think it is, but it plainly isn't.
I took your word on it, which in hindsight was foolish of me.

Do you suggest that I take this to 3 gun shops and get 3 separate, independent valuations and statement of condition ?
I will also get a couple of quotes to bring the gun up to a 'brilliant condition with only a few tiny marks to the woodwork" if you like.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed.

Sincerely
-
Miki

20220311_173320.jpg

I have just forwarded the email I sent to Miki on 11th March containing 7 Close up photographs of any cosmetic defects. His response was "Looks OK mate" Have sent money. He cannot say he did not see these. Nothing else to say, I can post on here if needed.

2 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

Unfortunately, one person’s ‘Brilliant’, is another’s ‘average’.

Personally, If I can’t see it first hand, handle it and preferably shoot it, i’m not interested in buying.

Hope the issue gets resolved satisfactorily, though!

Absolutely, this is one reason why selling is far better face to face than sending guns through an RFD. Will probably not sell that way again !

Here are the photo's David alleges to have sent me (he didn't) even these don't show the wear to the blacking other than # 155253 which does show the worn trigger guard, where the blacking and the engraving are worn off.

Let me just remind you all of how he describes the gun "This is in brilliant condition and had very little use, only a few tiny marks to woodwork."

20220311_155933.jpg

20220311_155543.jpg

20220311_155507.jpg

20220311_155324.jpg

20220311_155253.jpg

20220311_155226.jpg

20220311_155147.jpg

Photos cannot lie! There were 7 high resolution photos taken and sent by email. Photos posted on here are limited in size and not that clear. The photos sent by email are far clearer and can be zoomed in to see every inch of this gun. 

The photos were sent by email on 11 March and a reply was received to that email stating " Looks OK , payment sent"  Email headers have been sent to this buyer and I fail to understand how he can allege he didn't receive an email which he replied to!  Really wish I had not agreed to sell this to this buyer. In addition it seems that this is a ploy to get a refund, the gun was sold at a price to sell for £500, I paid £625 for this 15 years ago and used it twice. The cheapest Miroku 3800 grade 3 26" barrels on gun trader is £795, this gun was sold at rock bottom price just to reduce my collection.