Cookies on pc ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

When i click on many sites i get a cookies thing come up saying we respect your privacy but then go on

to say we share your details with third parties. So how is this this respecting my privacy or am i missing something.

I just click off when these cookie things appear.

Thanks all.

Cookies are used for all sorts of different purposes, purge them all and you'll find all your user names and passwords need re-entering, others are used to track your progress around a web site, every link you press is recorded.  Have you ever noticed that'll you'll search for something to buy and then a day or two later you'll start seeing adverts for similar products?  That's cookies in action.

Solution:

1) Browse privately - on a PC right-click the web browser icon and choose it's private option (in MS Edge  its 'New In Private Window), most of the cookie features are disabled by default.  On a mobile device it will be located under some dots, top right corner of the web browser - usually.