Lee Enfield No.4

Newbie to this

1 hour ago, alan123shooting said:

I started looking for a No4 but they are not a cheap rifle anymore, I purchased a pretty mint PH custom no.1 which I stalk with occasionally, I love it all for £425 including 80 rounds of hunting ammunition 

9F90AF42-BA31-47B2-B2AF-F65F9C2D07B9.jpeg

That looks fantastic. 

I would love a lee speed for a classic hunting rifle. It wouldn't be much use for the competitions I want to shoot though. 

On 15/03/2022 at 19:14, Newbie to this said:

Good to know, any idea how much they charge for a refurb?

I think the refurbished ones are around a £1000. 

7 minutes ago, theshootist said:

That looks fantastic. 

I would love a lee speed for a classic hunting rifle. It wouldn't be much use for the competitions I want to shoot though. 

I think the refurbished ones are around a £1000. 

There is one on Holts main sale estimate £1500-2000, I did provisionally buy one but on closer inspection it was a complete dog 

1 hour ago, alan123shooting said:

I started looking for a No4 but they are not a cheap rifle anymore, I purchased a pretty mint PH custom no.1 which I stalk with occasionally, I love it all for £425 including 80 rounds of hunting ammunition 

9F90AF42-BA31-47B2-B2AF-F65F9C2D07B9.jpeg

Very nice. I have a PH catalogue from back in the day when the rozzers still used them. 

2 hours ago, alan123shooting said:

There is one on Holts main sale estimate £1500-2000, I did provisionally buy one but on closer inspection it was a complete dog 

I thought that was a high estimate for a rifle that looks refinished. I could be wrong of course, it would be an extraordinary survivor in that condition. 

2 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Thanks, I'm at Bisley Sunday so will pop in to Fultons and have a look.

Always worth a look though I can never come out of that place without buying something. 

Highwood Classic Arms is also worth speaking to. He has some interesting stuff but it goes quickly. Would be worth a phone call.