P&O Mass sacking

Newbie to this

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

I used to work for Fred Olsen years ago and was told that when it got really rough ,the stabilisors were withdrawn as otherwise they would get ripped off.  FromAuntie.

That makes sense as it was very rough and we couldn't open port holes. 🤯

Edited to say you would have thought that's when the stabilisers were needed most.🤔

Edited by harrycatcat1

12 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

Nor the £270 million they paid their shareholders while receiving furlough money.

That’s the rub -

14 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

The shuttle (for lorried freight) doesn't have the ability to take lorries over 4.2 metres height so there is effectively little other choice for tall vehicles and whereas the time spent crossing on the ferry counted as a rest break on the shuttle it doesn't as the crossing time it is thirty-five minutes. So it can never be used as a driver's three quarter hour break.

I think that the boats for hgv should be   A priority as fuels and oils can’t be put through tunnel either iirc 

liked crossing with P&O 6 hours to Dover found quiet corner of boat shooting ear plugs in have an hour nap good for another 6 hours the other side ( not hgv driving) 

Agency staff must be replacing catering and beverages/ shop !

still a crud way to be sacked ! Suspect by the way it’s been executed they parent company new it was going to be a rough transition 

Agriv8

2 hours ago, clangerman said:

what a laughing stock we are saudis wipe their feet on us in our OWN country and gump their boot licking lackey does NOTHING! 

And what would you suggest?

There are billions of dollars worth of trade agreements in place with Saudi,  throw all that away in a tantrum?

9 minutes ago, serrac said:

And our government are going to grant these Columbian workers UK visas and work permits?
Sheer hypocrisy if they do.

They don't need to, maritime laws are different. Lots of ships (most ships?) have entirely foreign crews.

However, ferries are very complicated to operate safely and legally.

I doubt the replacement crews would be up to the job

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

And what would you suggest?

There are billions of dollars worth of trade agreements in place with Saudi,  throw all that away in a tantrum?

I wouldn’t give the war monger vile Saudis spit appalling human rights rife with sexual abuse of woman and GIRLS! and let’s not forget MURDERING journalists obviously you will sell our own out for a tenner! 

37 minutes ago, clangerman said:

I wouldn’t give the war monger vile Saudis spit appalling human rights rife with sexual abuse of woman and GIRLS! and let’s not forget MURDERING journalists obviously you will sell our own out for a tenner! 

And yet they get away with it,  probably because they have oil and money so countries want to deal with them.

Unfortunately things are never simple. 

"P&O yesterday fired all British staff via a video call and replaced them with cheap foreign labour, they said it was to save them up to £9 million per year.

Parent company DP World spends £140 million per year on golf sponsorship.

Figure that travesty out, 800 made jobless in a split second"

Edited by Newbie to this

On 18/03/2022 at 14:03, clangerman said:

P&O ferries is totally owned by a company that is owned by the Dubai Royal Family. So what have the Saudis got to do with a thread about P&O ferries?