More scrap wood

Walker570

....from Team Tractor.

He gave me a whole bin full of scrap hardwood and soft wood last week and I have just used some to make a cutting board for a thank you presentation in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks Nathan , it is bening put to good use and I have another similar in the pipeline. They all differ according to the wood available and sizes but make really nice little presents.

001.JPG

37 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

That looks ideal for chopping up pasty veg's - if you have the time and inclination to sort me one out please Nev. 🙂

Next supply comes in from Nathan your first on the list.:good:

It is amazing just how much timber goes into just a relatively small board like this one.  Every cut made you lose some.   Making a diamond pattern is worse still.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Next supply comes in from Nathan your first on the list.:good:

It is amazing just how much timber goes into just a relatively small board like this one.  Every cut made you lose some.   Making a diamond pattern is worse still.

Bless ya little cotton socks Nev - let me know your paypal please. 

I have to be honest here they take very little skill to make if you have a table saw and a thickness planer, three or four clamps and some glue. You don't really need a thickness planer and could do it with a hand planer but more hard work.  That one shown was finished with a hand held belt sander... a big powerful one I admit, a beast.... 60 grit  4 inch belt, then hand finished with some smaller grade and oiled  As long as the strips are flat and square it is just gluing up.  Look on you tube and it can get very complicated with some fantastic designs.

56 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Bless ya little cotton socks Nev - let me know your paypal please. 

What wood do you want ? 
maple , oak , mahogany, ? 
I’ll drop some up to him 

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

....from Team Tractor.

He gave me a whole bin full of scrap hardwood and soft wood last week and I have just used some to make a cutting board for a thank you presentation in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks Nathan , it is bening put to good use and I have another similar in the pipeline. They all differ according to the wood available and sizes but make really nice little presents.

001.JPG

Bang on again nev 😎😎.You’d cry at the amount of oak I’ve binned this week again . 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

I have to be honest here they take very little skill to make if you have a table saw and a thickness planer, three or four clamps and some glue. You don't really need a thickness planer and could do it with a hand planer but more hard work.  That one shown was finished with a hand held belt sander... a big powerful one I admit, a beast.... 60 grit  4 inch belt, then hand finished with some smaller grade and oiled  As long as the strips are flat and square it is just gluing up.  Look on you tube and it can get very complicated with some fantastic designs.

I here what you're saying but ...all credit due brilliant that you made something useful and what folks want from someone's waste bin need I say more...👏 👍 

Reminds me of when I left school xx years ago and converted my Saturday butchers boy job to trainee shopman  cutter. ( probably due to my old mums influence with the butcher and her lazy son wanting to be a rock star!) the old school butcher, Len, told me his dad had made the chopping block many years earlier and explained about the end grain construction, apparently each piece was 8” long originally, when I was there it resembled the South Downs from constant use and scraping clean ( my job, and he was a hard taskmaster!) I was only in the trade a year or so but learned an awful lot which is surprisingly still with me. Great board by the way!

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gentlemen, if the two of you can get it to me near Stamford I can deliver it to GK1960 as I hope to have to nip over sometime quite soon.  :good:

Gentlemen that would be much appreciated or I should be attending the game fair at Ragley Hall in July...either way thank you 👍

Haaaa !!!   I'm getting mixed up... was thinking of a need for a flip top feeder but that is Cambridge.... yes as soon as I can get a tank of LPG I will be over to Stamford no problem.  I have some big lumps of wood Nathan gave me which you can have as I will probably never get around to using them.. 

I've caught up now ....on the same page....:yay: