More scrap wood

Walker570

On 18/03/2022 at 10:06, Dave-G said:

I'm not fussy to be honest, and not clue'd up on the colours - just saves chopping the veg on the worktops. :good:

Your cutting board is on the production line.  Not huge and will be about 10 inches square.  Size is down to what bits Nathan kindly donates.  This is a cutting board not a chopping board so will not be end grain.  To be honest many friends refuse to use them as cutting boards and use them as stands for ornaments etc.  As soon as I can get LPG I will be over to Barholm and coming back your way

Update....

Dave G's in progress   and another one just finisjed for a present for extremely kind help hauling me back and forth to the hospital to have my eye jabbed.

These are cutting boards so not end grain but I can do end grain no problem just turn the sections on the other side.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Update....

Dave G's in progress   and another one just finisjed for a present for extremely kind help hauling me back and forth to the hospital to have my eye jabbed.

These are cutting boards so not end grain but I can do end grain no problem just turn the sections on the other side.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Sweet...👍

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He's only coming for the pasties!   

:yay:I've deferred my next attempts till I get a cutting board as the wife showed me the marks in the worktop that I cannot see or feel. Next problem is trying to stop pastry sticking to the wooden roller despite putting flour on it. :lookaround:

1 hour ago, Dave-G said:

:yay:I've deferred my next attempts till I get a cutting board as the wife showed me the marks in the worktop that I cannot see or feel. Next problem is trying to stop pastry sticking to the wooden roller despite putting flour on it. :lookaround:

In that case the pastry is too wet, cut back a little on the water.

36 minutes ago, amateur said:

In that case the pastry is too wet, cut back a little on the water.

Tesco's ready made pastry lol. 

3 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Heh!!! He lives in Leicester, you don't know where his hands have been:yay:

I'm not putting more pics up of yours till you get it, so you will have to wait a while. 

There's no rush lol. Busy plodding along on home improvements to the daughters bathroom for now.

Edited by Dave-G

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

OK I relent.... It may be a week or more before I can drop this off but hopefully he will behappy with it.....

001.JPG

Wow - you've excelled yourself there me ansum. Deeply looking forwards to you passing through again. :yahoo:

11 hours ago, Walker570 said:

OK I relent.... It may be a week or more before I can drop this off but hopefully he will behappy with it.....

001.JPG

Sweet 😎. Do I dare offer you more bits of timber ? 

ive just had a massive 30 Sapele window order come in 😁😁😁so they’ll be plenty for you . 

23 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I'm due down in Hayle Cornwall for sisters 50th wedding anniversary for a few days first week in April. The wife will be home but I'd hate to miss you Nev. :lookaround:

Still no LPG so grounded for long trips. My supplier had no idea when he would get any either. Last time I checked even Flo Gas at Leicester had none.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Nev have you used https://lpgstations.com/ ?

Checked every station within a 40 miles radius ...zero...even FLO Gas doesn't have any.    I have one supplier 12 miles round trip and every other likely outlet is a 45 mile round trip.  Big problem is as soon as a delivery made the 'Caravan Club' turn up and fill every tank they have in the back of Trannies.  It is stated that containers should not be filled. Outlet owners dare not say anyhting as they might have a charred heap next morning to come to.

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Checked every station within a 40 miles radius ...zero...even FLO Gas doesn't have any.    I have one supplier 12 miles round trip and every other likely outlet is a 45 mile round trip.  Big problem is as soon as a delivery made the 'Caravan Club' turn up and fill every tank they have in the back of Trannies.  It is stated that containers should not be filled. Outlet owners dare not say anyhting as they might have a charred heap next morning to come to.

Seems to be a gas supply problem I went to get a bottle of calor patio gas last weekend tried b&m they said they no longer deal with calor gas but instead stock flogas only. Tried a morrisons managed to get the calor patio gas I was after but the lady working there said calor gas are a nightmare to deal with & she has been after propane for over six weeks & they still haven't sent any. 

This is basically a waste material from Petrol and diesel process.  I cannot work it out, it is as if the firms are trying to phase it out, but there again where and what would we use for our barbecues????   Ohhhhh!!! got it.  Save the planet and ship it half way around the world maybe.  Burn off all the waste at our refineries.

Calor have always been a waste of time. I normally deal with Flo Gas for my barbecue fuel as I have a supplier nice and handy but LPG vehicle suppliers are now few and far between. Got news a garage in Oakham had some.  Only 45 miles away ...... 15 mpg thats almost a tank there and back.

Edited by Walker570