Disability in shooting

Dave at kelton

Dave Carrie has just released his latest video, Worlds Best Partridge (Dave Carrie Shooting) where I pickup. Whatever you think about him and his productions he has taken time with my pal who is seriously disabled but is out with us in all weathers doing the same job. All credit to Dave for highlighting his efforts.

36 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

Yes a majority of disabled people will try and do as much if not more than others, and ask nothing for it often shunning help, and although some of it is noticed it go's un recognised. If that makes sense. I know what i'm trying to say, just not good at saying it.

Know exactly what you are saying!

ive been shooting all my life despite having my left leg amputated 51 years ago,am now 72 still shooting,but i have given up wading in the mud wildfowling,i do push myself maybe its to prove a point i dont no,but i wont stop till i drop.

10 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

ive been shooting all my life despite having my left leg amputated 51 years ago,am now 72 still shooting,but i have given up wading in the mud wildfowling,i do push myself maybe its to prove a point i dont no,but i wont stop till i drop.

Keep at it.  I am now the wrong side of eighty and my old legs are slowly giving up. Cannot walk like I used to do but booked another driven season and may have to turn to an ATV to get about.  I intend enjoying myself till the fateful day comes have no doubt. 

I personally can't stand Dave Carrie BUT I will give him credit where credit due and his approach to bringing youngsters into the sport should also be mentioned.

• 3 months later...