FREE ! Baikal IJ27 O/U 12g

Once again the Baikal collection is likely to grow,,,Holts next week,,,, so space is urgently needed. Everyone knows what these are, rock solid and ultra reliable. This one has, as a bonus, the best stock I've seen with lovely colour and figuring. Its been glued and pinned in front of the top strap where they all split and hasn't moved since I did it 8 years ago. The 28" barrel is perfect inside, choked at 1/2 and full. L.O.P is aprox 14 1/4". Just the job for the skint sportsman ! Collection only please unless very near.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Are gunshops refusing to supply cartridges to owners/users anyone who has ever had a Russian weapon yet.? In support of Ukraine.  Or ever owned a moskavich or Lada car. Or drinks vodka ?  Come on, own up. They'll find out you know. AND past users of baikal cartridges.  Especially the black ones. 😀😀😁

5 hours ago, Minky said:

Are gunshops refusing to supply cartridges to owners/users anyone who has ever had a Russian weapon yet.? In support of Ukraine.  Or ever owned a moskavich or Lada car. Or drinks vodka ?  Come on, own up. They'll find out you know. AND past users of baikal cartridges.  Especially the black ones. 😀😀😁

What ever you're taking could you please send us all some😀 

7 hours ago, Minky said:

Moskavich............now there's a blast from the past........mate had one as his first car...it was like driving a dismantaled gasometer in a sack....think it was 1800cc...really basic

6 hours ago, pigeonbasher oz said:

Now if I only had a slab of Rekord cartridges ......

The pink ones were sweet to shoot  but the black ...  oh oh darker coloured cased ones were loaded with powder left over from anti tank gun shells.  I swapped 500 black Baikal's for 500 Winchester GB's with a  mate who used them in a Franchi 5 shot Hunter.  He loved them. They didn't half rattle the action back and forth.  Pigeons up there with the jumbo jets on oxygen were at severe risk.  I couldn't use them in my 25 " sbs.  there was a muzzle flash  like a pink candle flame shape about 6ft long out of the muzzle. it lit the wood up as if I were taking flash photos.

18 hours ago, ditchman said:

Moskavich............now there's a blast from the past........mate had one as his first car...it was like driving a dismantaled gasometer in a sack....think it was 1800cc...really basic

Apart from the cars like the Lada  and the Moskovich, there were a few of the red vans kicking around.  There were sort of like a cross betwen a Volkswagen combi camper van and a Comma van.  I think that they must still produce that van out in Russia because I saw a news clip wher2 the Russian military were using them as General rugged transport.  Simple, rugged and built to last and do a job.  Ugly as a pig.  Sorry pig.

56 minutes ago, Minky said:

The pink ones were sweet to shoot  but the black ...  oh oh darker coloured cased ones were loaded with powder left over from anti tank gun shells.  I swapped 500 black Baikal's for 500 Winchester GB's with a  mate who used them in a Franchi 5 shot Hunter.  He loved them. They didn't half rattle the action back and forth.  Pigeons up there with the jumbo jets on oxygen were at severe risk.  I couldn't use them in my 25 " sbs.  there was a muzzle flash  like a pink candle flame shape about 6ft long out of the muzzle. it lit the wood up as if I were taking flash photos.

I used thousands of black Baikal cartridges in the ‘70’s, nearly all through a 26 inch SxS weighing only 6lbs 6oz. The gun stood it alright, and my shoulder stood it alright. But those cartridges are almost certainly responsible for my substantial hearing loss.

4 minutes ago, Minky said:

What's that you say?  Speak up man,  I can't  understand a single word... We're you 6 foot 4 and full of muscle.?  They wrecked some blokes guns  by impact shake.

No, then I was just short of 6 feet and 14st 5lb, 44 inch chest, so not huge. 
The gun was a cheap Spanish L.I.G. boxlock ejector which I bought new and still have. 
Hearing protection was unheard of then. (See what I did there?)

Bought 5000 Baikal shells in the 1980s from Don Grays Chatham - free delivery on 5k. Shared with a few mates. Floodlit skeet was like a battlefield, but the skeet shells were fine on long sporting birds.

Incidentally, I bought an NGK spark plug for the quad, belonging to my twin granddaughters, this week. "Made in Russia". Nothing on the packet, but stamped into the metal.