MPG question lads

mgsontour

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

No it isn't that simple,  we have to have petrol that is compatible with cars from the rest of Europe 

We did have it was called E5.  Their policy is self defeating as many cars are losing 10 - 15% MPG so we are using more fuel to do the same mileage.  As an aside having to get my daughters car repaired because of E10 sooting up the Lamda sensors at 20k miles a £180 job the mechanic was saying E10 is causing all sorts of issues and damage.

12 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

We did have it was called E5.  Their policy is self defeating as many cars are losing 10 - 15% MPG so we are using more fuel to do the same mileage.  As an aside having to get my daughters car repaired because of E10 sooting up the Lamda sensors at 20k miles a £180 job the mechanic was saying E10 is causing all sorts of issues and damage.

Just have to get used to it. It will soon be e15.

18 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I was getting much better fuel consumption than that out of my 5.5 litre V8 Merc and i did floor it coming out of roundabouts. Land Rovers have always been poor on fuel consumption 

Yep, lots of cogs to turn in that 4x4 system tends to eat some of the power as well.  If I went to fuel injection it may make another mile or two.  Normally it runs on LPG at 94p a litre but like some diesels around here it has been over five weeks since my supplier had a delivery.  Tried to persuade my dairy farmer to run up to Kingsbury Terminal with a bowser of slurry and let his hand slip but he said he might get into trouble.;)

Just now, oowee said:

🤣 Love it. I may just get one. I like the look of that KIA EV6. 

Way out of my league price wise - it is a nice looking car though

There is a 5 around here and that is stunning but again - out of my league.

My issue is that there are 'improvements' coming down the line that should drop the price and increase the range of EV's although to me it seems that all the manufacturers think they are making for the uber rich