The weather

Minky

Slight high level cloud today.  About 26°C.  Here in Tenerife .  I ruptured one of my Achilles tendons about 18  months ago and couldn't get treatment at the time because of covid measures. I've got a repair operation coming up in a month or two's time so seeing as I'm going to be in a cast for 8 weeks and then a boot thingy, then physio for some time that will take  are of most of this summer ect so wont be getting away this summer.   We came out here because you have to come this far south to get any heat.  Most of the med is not any better than home and some places in Greece and Turkey even have snow. It's  nice here you know.

Cold NE wind but in the sun nice and warm and at least it is drying the ground a bit so we can get around without tearing it up.

50 minutes ago, Minky said:

Slight high level cloud today.  About 26°C.  Here in Tenerife .  I ruptured one of my Achilles tendons about 18  months ago and couldn't get treatment at the time because of covid measures. I've got a repair operation coming up in a month or two's time so seeing as I'm going to be in a cast for 8 weeks and then a boot thingy, then physio for some time that will take  are of most of this summer ect so wont be getting away this summer.   We came out here because you have to come this far south to get any heat.  Most of the med is not any better than home and some places in Greece and Turkey even have snow. It's  nice here you know.

Yes, just had friends come back from your location and they reported pleasant conditions.  ENJOY!!

Frost first thing this morning and had to defrost the cars windscreen , once the sun started to get up it is a nice pleasant day , due to get better as the week wear on and the temp could reach 20 degrees inland ,here on the coast the wind is a bit keen as it is coming straight off the sea.

I'll  see what I can do to bring a few bags of sunshine home with us.  Today the signs outside of the chemists shops have been showing 26°C.  Roll on global warming.  The Mrs and I have been out walking ( Geocaching )  and our online distance trackers have clocked up over 17,000 steps which equates to nearly 10 miles!   We came back had shower and fell asleep.   Off to dinner to refill  calories.  Ankle held up ok.

4 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

@islandgunWhat's it been like up for you today?? The reason I ask is that the Shorehouse Restaurant  in Tarbet, just above Scourie is reporting temps of 26 degrees today! Crikey 

Its been a very pleasant few days, light winds and sunshine, still no leaf on my trees and the daffs are just flowering, male blackbirds singing and a few lambs about but they are due to start in a couple of weeks........ so that will bring snow and cold northerlies..😀