Petrol duty cut

Mice!

It must be nice everywhere as this hasn't been commented on. 

5p off a litre of fuel, apparently only the second time that the duty has been cut.

I haven't looked yet if anything else was done, but 5p isn't going to make much of a difference really when it's £2 or £3 off a tank of fuel.

Lets not get to carried away lads ,o.k. he's cut 5p off a litre .

However he will more then recover this and then some by the introducing the little publicised removal of swathes of red diesel users eligible for tax free fuel .

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/reform-of-red-diesel-entitlements/reform-of-red-diesel-and-other-rebated-fuels-entitlement

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

Pulled in this morning to put some Diesel in and the pump read £90 who ever filled up before me i thought Jesus 

As an aside I had £30 of petrol at a Morrisons in Cornwall yesterday, found later that the £100 levy had been applied. Will only use kiosks now as still not corrected.

Petrol went up 20 odd pence and they cut 5 pence off a litre there still winning he could of really helped folk that need there cars to work 

And hes laughing not 1pence not 2 pence but 5 pence only the second time in history while the poverty records are higher than they ever have been since records started 

4 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

Pulled in this morning to put some Diesel in and the pump read £90 who ever filled up before me i thought Jesus 

Normally at or above that for my cars as I go from fumes to full and keep the receipt. Used to be worse in the old Range Rover so it had to go even though it was a great car.

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

And someone said that insulation is going up 35% in June!!

I missed that one. Did i hear something about cutting vat on insulation?

Just now, team tractor said:

😂  I put £100 in my van this week and it hit 3/4 full 

😆 I have yet to break the £100 barrier as paying by card is limited to £99

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

I missed that one. Did i hear something about cutting vat on insulation?

😆 I have yet to break the £100 barrier as paying by card is limited to £99

I recon it’s £120 to fill my transporter up at 26-29mpg 🙈. It’s brand new so I hope it improves as it’s bedded in . 
Are you sure it’s limited to 99 as surely most are breaking that point .

8 minutes ago, team tractor said:

I recon it’s £120 to fill my transporter up at 26-29mpg 🙈. It’s brand new so I hope it improves as it’s bedded in . 

When i pay at the pump limit is £99.

9 minutes ago, discobob said:

@oowee 5% vat reduction for insulation 

Ah i thought i heard something.

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

Pay at pump comes up saying £100 normally. 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

Which again means nothing when building materials have gone up so much.

I had BBC news on this morning,  everyone interviewed was saying the same that everything has jumped in price by 20-30%

I wasn't expecting much but the woman running a small business said put off the vat increase in April, another said 5p off fuel duty was a waste of time, which I agree with,  another said lift the national insurance amount so those on lower pay aren't hit as soon.

I managed to fill up the other week  at £1.57 but it's been £1.70+ since but we all know how much it jumped to get to that point.

It won't be long before all the culminating increases really start to hit people.

Considering how much covid must have cost the country/Gov they were never going to drop much though were they?

2 hours ago, discobob said:

I've just seen this.

– Mr Sunak said that “thanks to Brexit” he was able to remove VAT on materials such as solar panels, heat pumps or insulation to help bring down energy costs, as well as on wind and water turbines. He told the Commons: “We will abolish all the red tape imposed on us by the EU.”

– The Chancellor said he would publish a “tax plan” as he announced the national insurance contributions (Nics) threshold would rise by £3,000 “to fully equalise the Nics and income tax thresholds not incrementally over many years but in one go this year”.

Hopefully that helps lower earners,  and the rest of us a bit.

– The cost of borrowing is set to continue to rise. The Chancellor said £83 billion will be spent on debt interest, “the highest on record and almost four times the amount we spent last year”.

That might as well be in hieroglyphics, if the debt interest spend is £83 billion then what is the debt, and who was it borrowed from?????????

And we and others are supposed to be squeezing Russia with Sanctions. 

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

who was it borrowed from?????????

The UK government borrows mainly from

• UK pension funds/insurance companies (29%)
  • Private corporations / other financial institutions
  • UK building societies. (e.g. building societies buy government gilts to invest their savings to get a decent return.)
  • UK Banks
  • UK Private investors
  • Foreign investors (foreign banks and foreign investment firms (2018 approx 20%)
  • Bank of England Asset Purchase facility (Quantitative easing)

Complete article here  https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/4098/economics/who-does-the-uk-owe-money-to/

1 hour ago, redial said:

He had a good opportunity to get a lot of people back on side with all of the knock on effects of fuel prices and blew it.

As said 5p doesn't really do anything and if it continues to rise it quickly becomes meaningless.

From what I've seen where I drive £1.79.9 seems to have been the limit that forecourts have put fuel up to, 5p doesn't mean a thing really it will drop this week then go back up next week.

@Ultrastu mentioned on another thread he's been limiting any unnecessary journeys which I'm sure most will start to look at, but if you need to drive for work your hands are tied. 

1 hour ago, crossy 666 said:

On average I put in £120 a day 🤦‍♂️ 

07464E8A-FEFD-4792-85BB-026E27AFC528.jpeg

Wow, a day!! You must be doing some miles.