Next general election

B725

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I don't think the Tories have done badly at all. Boris is a Marmite figure I know but they have had so much to deal with and none of it was of their making. A perfect storm in many ways and its not over yet by any means. I think they handled it pretty well considering all that has happened. Not perfect I agree but we survived this far. 

Can you imagine if Labour had won the last Election we would have had Corbyn as Prime Minister and Dianne Abbott as home secretary . Terrifying prospect and if they were in power today we would be sending aid to Russia and pulling out of NATO

Starmer is ineffectual and Raynor just an opportunist. Who can think of a labour politician you would trust to run a chip shop? They are all people who went into politics because it beats working for a living. A soft touch 

Most Conservative politicians could earn considerably more outside politics, there is the defining difference 

I’m the same way of thinking, Boris is a little marmite but I quite like him.  For a PM you have to wonder how much more can get thrown at him and you can’t magic up an answer to pandemics and Russians

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Slightly off track, I heard on question time Mr Sunak is worth more than our Queeny 🤔

His family certainly is very rich and he doesn't need to work much less be Chancellor. He is also very bright and well educated 

I reckon he will be our next Prime Minister 

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

His family certainly is very rich and he doesn't need to work much less be Chancellor. He is also very bright and well educated 

I reckon he will be our next Prime Minister 

Hello, ah thanks for that, some on the question time panel said he was out of touch with a budget that is no help for those on low incomes only help the more well off ?

Next GE result likely sees Cons (by name and by modus operandi) lose their overall majority, which begs the question  -"with whom do they form an alliance of sorts?" .  Rule out Lib Dems as previous history was not good, Ulster Unionists? - well the NI Protocol not been sorted.. The Greens?? ...incredible and full of activists, but Johnson seems to follow much of their agenda already. That leaves really only Reform or - UKIP if it exists.

So better to place your X on the slip with an emphatic protest vote.

26 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ah thanks for that, some on the question time panel said he was out of touch with a budget that is no help for those on low incomes only help the more well off ?

I doubt there are any MPs in touch with people on low incomes,  they live in different worlds. 

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

His budget is very clearly targeted at getting to grips with the massive borrowing debts incurred during the pandemic. All the money for furloughing people and loans for businesses was borrowed That has to be paid off

We (the world) are now entering a time of rising inflation and an energy crisis. Plus now a war in Ukraine. None of this is his fault nor has he any control over it.

The one thing he can't do is carry on giving out free money to people. We have to live within our means, tough as that may be and I think its going to get tougher yet.

Labour would just keep on borrowing more and more money, racking up the debt to buy popularity. Thats what they have always done 

The Tories have done very well in some areas and poor in others. Only real choice.

Labour voting is a non starter, with lightweights like Starmer, idiots like Abbott and the truly hapless "single mum, from a council estate, Rayner.

I thought Thatcher was truly unhinged, but streets ahead of any of the current muppets.

38 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Blimey.

It’s the 26th of March 2022 and your already working yourselves up about who to vote for, in an Election that’s not due until 23rd Jan 2025 ( latest date)!!!!

Not necessarily true the reason I posted was because of an article I read saying Boris was considering a early election. 

The Conservatives have passed more legislation which restricts shooting than Labour have (O.K. they have been in power more).

More worrying, they are in thrall to an Animal Rights agenda which includes Johnson senior, Carrie, etc. The attempt to ban "trophy hunting" is based on AR misinformation and is opposed by conservation biologists as well as the governments of most countries in southern and eastern Africa whose rural economies need hunting to maintain those huge areas which do not attract the "see it in a week" photo tourists. For example check out Amy Dickman - Oxford professor, vegetarian, lion conservationist, but a supporter of controlled hunting for the foreseeable future.

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

would not answer a simple question like. What is a woman?

It is a question that was put to Anneliese Dodds on R4 a few days ago - and even she was unable to answer.  I say even because remember she is only the Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (previously Shadow Minister for Women, Shadow Minister for Women and Equality, Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities)

17 hours ago, London Best said:

No shooting man should EVER consider voting Labour.

This.

17 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I don't think the Tories have done badly at all.

Give the hand they have been dealt (Covid, Putin/Ukraine, world energy inflation) I cannot see any of the others (and in fact there is only really one other who could ever get the numbers to form a government) doing better - and can so easily see them doing a whole LOT worse.

Theres a guy in the street was a lib dem  supporter and they used to  block the street with there cars at some of there monthly meetings and Wullie Rennie had a wee sports car a Audii tt or similar and to see a middle aged man crawling out it on his hands and knees will stop me voting for them  i used to laugh so much i though a bit of pee might escape LOL 

On 24/03/2022 at 18:06, B725 said:

But ain't it sad when voting comes down to the least worst, 

Nope, it has always been the same for me, my vote goes to who I hope will cause us the least damage at every level.

Monster Raving Loony Party look as good as the others.

On 25/03/2022 at 09:22, Mice! said:

I doubt there are any MPs in touch with people on low incomes,  they live in different worlds. 

And very grateful they are too?

On 24/03/2022 at 19:49, Vince Green said:

So concidering the mess our elected MPs have got us into HS2,PPE ,gas and electric fuel for our cars and the list of cluster funk's is endless who on earth do you vote for ? I cannot stand the bunch of useless twerps in the Labour party the other parties as far as I can see are not worth bothering with so that leaves the Tory's. I really cannot see me voting for anyone as they are all a waste of time.

•  

some of that is corrected  but some is incorrect. Much though they have a high opinion of themselves they have no control over covid, fuel and world energy prices or the wind, tide and where the pigeons might feed. A week in politics is a long time AND Father told me not to discuss politics or religion because it all went round in circles and you only ended up in an argument. BUT some of the following applies.

I don't think the Tories have done badly at all. Boris is a Marmite figure I know but they have had so much to deal with and none of it was of their making. A perfect storm in many ways and its not over yet by any means. I think they handled it pretty well considering all that has happened. Not perfect I agree but we survived this far. 

Can you imagine if Labour had won the last Election we would have had Corbyn as Prime Minister and Dianne Abbott as home secretary . Terrifying prospect and if they were in power today we would be sending aid to Russia and pulling out of NATO

Starmer is ineffectual and Raynor just an opportunist. Who can think of a labour politician you would trust to run a chip shop? They are all people who went into politics because it beats working for a living. A soft touch 

Most Conservative politicians could earn considerably more outside politics, there is the defining difference 

On 25/03/2022 at 06:01, al4x said:

I’m the same way of thinking, Boris is a little marmite but I quite like him.  For a PM you have to wonder how much more can get thrown at him and you can’t magic up an answer to pandemics and Russians

On 25/03/2022 at 11:11, Jaymo said:

Blimey.

It’s the 26th of March 2022 and your already working yourselves up about who to vote for, in an Election that’s not due until 23rd Jan 2025 ( latest date)!!!!

On 25/03/2022 at 13:08, JohnfromUK said:

It is a question that was put to Anneliese Dodds on R4 a few days ago - and even she was unable to answer.  I say even because remember she is only the Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities (previously Shadow Minister for Women, Shadow Minister for Women and Equality, Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities)

This.

Give the hand they have been dealt (Covid, Putin/Ukraine, world energy inflation) I cannot see any of the others (and in fact there is only really one other who could ever get the numbers to form a government) doing better - and can so easily see them doing a whole LOT worse.

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Brewsters Millions - they should have a "Non of the Above" and over a certain percentage of the vote all parties have to have a serious rethink

Ahh this hardy perennial.  We do have such a thing.  It's called spoiling your ballot paper.  Preferably with a big cock and balls, though by all means,  you should let your creative side shine, and draw your own design.  😂

If by rethink, you mean new election, then I give you exhibit a, Germany, in a permanent election cycle.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Which could possibly lead to no government.   will lead to a Lab-Lib or Con-Lib coalition

Fixed it for you.  No thanks.

The conservatives are continuity New-Labour and not conservative by even the loosest definition.  Labour is, in effect, two parties locked in an eternal power struggle, and their big guns all repeatedly walk into the same biological-facts heffalump trap.

Neither are as bad as the liberal democrats, who are neither liberal nor democratic.

On 25/03/2022 at 12:50, Pushandpull said:

The Conservatives have passed more legislation which restricts shooting than Labour have

Agreed, as far as shooting goes, the least worst option is something of a photo-finish.  The only consolation is Labour will ban things in the name of class warfare and ban hard, whereas Tory legislation tends to get watered down.

But either way, given that the so-called-Conservative government has just overseen the most egregious removal of civil liberties since WW2, in the name of combatting an airborne virus no worse than the usual winter flu, Satan will skate to work before I vote Tory.  As for Labour, forget it, they don't even understand primary-school-level biology.

7 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Ahh this hardy perennial.  We do have such a thing.  It's called spoiling your ballot paper.  Preferably with a big cock and balls, though by all means,  you should let your creative side shine, and draw your own design.  😂

Spoilt papers are not counted and a complete waste of everyone's time.