Next general election

B725

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

As someone who works for a living,  has a house and hobbies and wants a future for his kids I see the Tories as the best option,  Labour who are supposed to be the party for the working person are far from it, there more like the party of benefits,  that's my opinion and why I vote the way I do.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion but I do wish you'd base it on reality.

I'm sure Boris and Co would have had two great years if it hadn't been for covid, but I still think they've done well, and far better than Labour would have done.

So you're Imaginings are telling you that  if Labour had had the chance they would have been **** and you're also sure that bojo and his motley crew who DID have the chance would have been great but for circumstance? Hold on a minute - Isn't the Government a bunch of people who we pay dearly to guide us through all eventualities?

It's fine to want another system,  but we haven't got one , we've got what we've got.

Exactly my point! Don't you think that the tories have been in long enough to get it together? How much more time do you think they need? Perhaps you could ask your imaginings for that answer.

Farage did push through Brexit, no doubts but I doubt he'll do anything else, he likes talking,  the publicity and calling people out, its easy when you don't have to back anything up.

There's those imaginings again. Don't you realise that last paragraph would suit bojo better than Farage?

And now there's another cluster **** emerging now the police are issuing fines over partygate. Previous proper politicians who have resigned over much much less than the antics of this mob will be turning in their graves.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at this from 2mins in. Farage I think could be a hell of a lot harsher with bojo and talks a lot of sense about many other things. Foe those who like to get a balanced view about what's really going on it's worth a watch.

I'm not saying the other lot are any better but I don't see how you can condemn them before they've had a chance.

Despite your statement, you are implying that voters should not support the Tories and vote in Labour. The anti-semites, with some truly dire front benchers. They replaced Corbyn and Abbott with the likes of Rayner and Starmer. Hardly a vote winner. Not to mention their money tree economics.

They had their chance and continue to make themselves unelectable.

I share your sense of despair that anyone would consider voting them into power to see if they would be any worse. You don't need a crystal ball. 🙂

We’re getting like the States - their choice was Biden or Trump. How dreadful is that? It’s like someone wanted to create the most impossible worked example of Hobson’s choice. 

My personal position that I could never vote for a party that contains Angela Rayner or Diane Abbott in the Cabinet. Corbyn was previously top of that ‘no go’ list - his stance on the Salisbury murders was just off the chart old Trot looney left. 

When the elections come around, I’ll be voting Tory whilst holding my nose (just like last time) but safe in the knowledge they are the lesser evil. 

If Farage runs he’ll just split the Tory vote and put in Labour in or an unholy coalition of Labour and Scottish nationalists - may the heavens preserve us 😆

4 minutes ago, Mungler said:

If Farage runs he’ll just split the Tory vote and put in Labour in or an unholy coalition of Labour and Scottish nationalists - may the heavens preserve us 😆

Unfortunately, it take these sort of things for the message to get through.

Voters are not happy with the Conservative's latest round of non manifesto policies.

If Reform stand in my area, they will be getting my vote.

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Despite your statement, you are implying that voters should not support the Tories and vote in Labour. The anti-semites, with some truly dire front benchers. They replaced Corbyn and Abbott with the likes of Rayner and Starmer. Hardly a vote winner. Not to mention their money tree economics.

They had their chance and continue to make themselves unelectable.

I share your sense of despair that anyone would consider voting them into power to see if they would be any worse. You don't need a crystal ball. 🙂

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

We’re getting like the States - their choice was Biden or Trump. How dreadful is that? It’s like someone wanted to create the most impossible worked example of Hobson’s choice. 

My personal position that I could never vote for a party that contains Angela Rayner or Diane Abbott in the Cabinet. Corbyn was previously top of that ‘no go’ list - his stance on the Salisbury murders was just off the chart old Trot looney left. 

When the elections come around, I’ll be voting Tory whilst holding my nose (just like last time) but safe in the knowledge they are the lesser evil. 

It's OK lads, I'm just imagining that Labour were and still are truly awful 😖 

That's why Labour were absolutely smashed in the last GE and elected in areas they'd never won before.

Then covid hit. Have Labour licked their wounds and sorted themselves out? Not a chance.

1 hour ago, Mungler said:

If Farage runs he’ll just split the Tory vote and put in Labour in or an unholy coalition of Labour and Scottish nationalists - may the heavens preserve us

Sends a shiver down your spine!

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I could forsee a lot of people voting labour as a protest to the lack of care the conservative government has shown with their party gate scandal when 1000s of UK citizens could not visit their relatives before they had died of COVID,

I really don't think that is credible.

4 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Agreed; the 'Partygate' business was predominantly the civil servants (not politicians) who work in No 10 (of which I believe there are around 200, plus rather more in the linked Cabinet Office building).

Johnson was stupid to have allowed it and even more stupid to have attended.  The 'parties' should not have been arranged/continued since it seems to have been a regular 'culture'.  He should have switched off all partying etc. in 'the office' in accordance with the rules.  In terms of Covid risks - this was probably minimal if even present as these (I understand) were people who worked together in the same rooms/buildings everyday anyway, not external invitees.

From what I have read, the culture of partying, and drinking on the premises, and after work merriments predates Johnson and goes back a long way.  It is also suggested that the party 'organisers' were the office staff - not the politicians (though a lot of suspicion seems to surround the role of the rather interfering wife!)

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Hello, in a speech by Boris, December 2019 he stated to labour supporters , You may have lent us your vote, but will return to Labour in future, there's tens of 1000s  of UK citizens disgusted at party gate when they could not see family in hospital, people do not forget , like the expenses scandal , it could be the conservatives downfall ??