Google Maps - Screen copy

Bobba

I’m trying to knock up a quick street map using Google maps.
The total area in question can fit the screen of my PC. However, when I use “Screen Copy” key the image copied to Word is cluttered by both the Tool Bar and on screen tags eg Search, Restaurants etc. I’ve looked at how to get rid of the clutter. This includes pressing the Alt key and Screen Copy key simultaneously. But it doesn’t work.

Any ideas please on how to get a copy map page without clutter would be appreciated. Thanks.

@Bobba Hi.

Assuming you are using Windows 7 or above as your operating platform, you have available a tool called "Snipping Tool".

This tool will allow you to drag a box around the area you wish to save, thus sizing and cropping at the same time, you can then save this as a .jpeg (Picture).

This can then be attached to an email, embedded in a word document or saved as a picture in your pictures folder.

Please see short video tutorial of how to use the snipping tool below, By the way, if you want to add comments or markers of your own to the map you produce just use the Snip and sketch tool instead of snipping tool, this is also freely available in windows.

Hope this helps with your project and if so, please don't forget to remember me in your last will and testament. 😁