Clover

bunny_blaster

I started yesterday with trying to clear a few more Fallow does before the season ends. I spotted a small group as I pulled up to the farm and managed one. A nice animal weighing 75lb in the chiller. 
78A39568-F0EA-41D5-9CD8-D6D7E10FBB51.jpeg.2abd7249984ba55de08a8540a14f99ba.jpeg

On Friday I picked my lad up and went to find some pigeons for Saturday. I found roughly 5-600 feeding hard on a block of clover with a good line coming in to it. As I got to the farm yesterday the line was just starting up with about 150 birds already down. After a couple of hours it was obvious the birds just weren’t interested in decoying no matter what I tried. I ended up standing on the edge of a long belt of trees just flighting them and finished with 80 pigeon.

Ben

3A1E7D79-EEAA-4E37-80BC-B8B2E5DFD0F8.jpeg.d8e4653799db819c7d7a2085249ca024.jpeg

Well done Ben, you took the right decision if they would not decoy and went flighting, result. Clover can be difficult to decoy and it can be back to basics with just stand ups and no gismos.

By the way it’s nice to see that you have tidied the back of the truck up!!!

Edited by pigeon controller

10 minutes ago, marsh man said:

A great result all round , but honestly was it really worth the effort in only shooting 80 odd Pigeons on a flight line ?:lol: , in yesterday's bright sunshine that was a brilliant result and to get a nice deer was the icing on the cake . :good:

It was a nice afternoon but after seeing the amount of pigeon on the place the day before I was expecting a 150-200 bird day. That’s what keeps us going through I suppose