discobob

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I rather wish he had. For if ever a smug self satisfied burke deserved a slap it is surely Ricky Gervais?

gervais is a greezy... odious.. low life... cheap... guttersnipe... parasitic.. cretin...has the personality of a projectile vommitting tramp in a packed lift

i really dont like him

Took the shine off the night and spoiled it for everyone else because no one is talking about who won what, but rather what Will Smith did. 
I didn’t watch it but everyone I met this morning was talking about it. 🤷‍♂️
Personally I think he should have punched him, but rather than walk up onto stage he should have taken him to one side after the ceremony and given him a good smack, not a slap. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

gervais is a greezy... odious.. low life... cheap... guttersnipe... parasitic.. cretin...has the personality of a projectile vommitting tramp in a packed lift

i really dont like him

Don't hold back mate , just say what you really think 😄.

I think the slap looked very staged to me 

wouldn’t be surprised if it comes out as a setup

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i really dont like him

Really needs a like button on here 

he’s a weasel 

6 hours ago, clangerman said:

what a world of hypocrites violence is no longer acceptable and out come the double standards because smith is famous rock clearly stated it was a JOKE smiths wife didn’t slap him for laughing did she smith like a coward took advantage of rock presenting to strike him if this is ok your sending children the message resort to violence and swearing 

On the other hand we could just tell our children its ok to take the **** out of someone because they are different in some way, someone with a stutter! 

2 minutes ago, bluesj said:

On the other hand we could just tell our children its ok to take the **** out of someone because they are different in some way, someone with a stutter! 

Or like my father told me,  “don’t take **** from anybody, pick the biggest bully and thump him......and make it count.”

Got me in no end of trouble!

19 minutes ago, bluesj said:

it’s a poor parent who can’t teach children the difference between malice and comedy if it wasn’t purely a joke why was smith laughing snake only reacted to save his own neck with his wife 

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

it’s a poor parent who can’t teach children the difference between malice and comedy if it wasn’t purely a joke why was smith laughing snake only reacted to save his own neck with his wife 

If smiths wife had just had a bad hair cut fair game but she has alopecia so no really a joke was it.  I agree smith shouldn't have slapped him, but rock should have a bit more respect for people

So yes I'd agree that had Rock known that the reason for the crew cut was that she suffers with the condition, it was a film awards and a film joke, so was it just miss timed or was it tactical due to the two have a history of not liking each other .. either way Smith laughed, then went on to challenge Rock to a duel... 

In other news CODA winning all three awards it got nominated for should be the talking point, the silly little slap should get no media coverage at all imo

Edited by ShootingEgg

I think there's a bit of hypocrisy on show in the media and general public. How many people over the years laughed at jokew from Bernard manning, Jim Davidson, chubby brown, Billy connolly etc. And now they get their knickers in a twist over that little jibe from chris rock to an alopecia sufferer. Seems these days its fine for women to make fun of men for being bald. I started losing my hair at 15years old and i haven't slapped everyone that made a joke of it.

Chris Rock is a comedian... not quite my cup of tea but come on. From what I gather Mrs Smith regards herself as a strong women, yet she got her "man" to do her bidding just because somebody said something?

When did "sticks and stones may break my bones" become irrelevant??