Surrey/Sussex Current Processing times

NWK

Has anyone renewed ect w/ Surrey/Sussex recently and give an indication on waiting times?

I have filled all of table 2 so want to get a new certificate with space in Table 2 if I want to buy something else, but weighing that against being without my cert for a time?

I asked and they said they wouldn't tell me and also I asked if I had to send it in or just a copy and they said I had to send in original. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Did mine around sept time i think, took 4 weeks all told. Would of been quicker but when i rang to query when it would be returned, it was shown as sent, but was still in the office. The staff member posted then and there and i received it next day.

Had to send cert in with a letter stating what was still in my ownership as i had filled table 2.

Edited by mpmilo
missed word

10 minutes ago, mpmilo said:

Did mine around sept time i think, took 4 weeks all told. Would of been quicker but when i rang to query when it would be returned, it was shown as sent, but was still in the office. The staff member posted then and there and i received it next day.

Had to send cert in with a letter stating what was still in my ownership as i had filled table 2.

Thanks so much. Great news. That is better than I expected. Appreciate you letting me know.  🙂 

7 hours ago, NWK said:

Has anyone renewed ect w/ Surrey/Sussex recently and give an indication on waiting times?

I have filled all of table 2 so want to get a new certificate with space in Table 2 if I want to buy something else, but weighing that against being without my cert for a time?

I asked and they said they wouldn't tell me and also I asked if I had to send it in or just a copy and they said I had to send in original. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

You aren’t obliged to return your original at all, not even by law, and indeed Mr Harriman advises you don't as that leaves you effectively ticketless. 

51 minutes ago, Scully said:

You aren’t obliged to return your original at all, not even by law, and indeed Mr Harriman advises you don't as that leaves you effectively ticketless. 

That’s what I thought too, but they insist I send it 🤷‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Scully said:

I was asked to send mine in and did after copying the cert. I made sure i had plenty of cartridges in stock, also was having a recoil  pad fitted to a stock so took the action off before dropping it in. So no need to show cert when picking it up.

I only shoot at two grounds where you have to show your cert so gave them a miss for a while.

14 hours ago, mpmilo said:

I was asked to send mine in and did after copying the cert. I made sure i had plenty of cartridges in stock, also was having a recoil  pad fitted to a stock so took the action off before dropping it in. So no need to show cert when picking it up.

I only shoot at two grounds where you have to show your cert so gave them a miss for a while.

That’s a good idea, thanks for the advice 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

My renewals....coterminious, were done online on 14th Feb. Despite emailing them and trying all sorts of other avenues...not a word and still waiting. I emailed using the online enquiry form on 5th April to express my concern over hearing nothing and no licenses. Not a word back. Just spent this morning trying all avenues, including the chat service, to contact them. Chat service gave me the direct line number to the firearms dept, allegedly, and it was just a voice recording to say that number wasn't taking calls! So have done one  last attempt online. The licenses expire on 24th April...so thats going to be interesting!! 

On 19/04/2022 at 14:48, turbo33 said:

My renewals....coterminious, were done online on 14th Feb. Despite emailing them and trying all sorts of other avenues...not a word and still waiting. I emailed using the online enquiry form on 5th April to express my concern over hearing nothing and no licenses. Not a word back. Just spent this morning trying all avenues, including the chat service, to contact them. Chat service gave me the direct line number to the firearms dept, allegedly, and it was just a voice recording to say that number wasn't taking calls! So have done one  last attempt online. The licenses expire on 24th April...so thats going to be interesting!! 

My 1st extension expires on 24th as well so they have sent me another extension until 31/7/22