Old BSA made in Italy single raised rib 12 bore 28 inch barrel full choke constriction,? Fitting a 10 inch Hushpower silencer ??

oldypigeonpopper

No. The choke will be in the last one inch of barrel at the very most. Cutting three inches off and you'll be true cylinder which IMHO will make it a better gun for all purposes with 30 gms of #6 or 28 gms of #7 shot out to sensible ranges of thirty yards or thereabouts. If you want to get a fuller pattern use a plaswad if permitted where you shoot or increase the shot load to 32 gms of #6 or 30 gms of #7. If for magpies or squirrels go full on clay loads of 28 gms of #7 1/2 from the get go. Cheap, pattern well full, will be fatal to any of the black and white vandals and any tree rat co-conspirators.

Edited by enfieldspares

50 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

No. The choke will be in the last one inch of barrel at the very most. Cutting three inches off and you'll be true cylinder which IMHO will make it a better gun for all purposes with 30 gms of #6 or 28 gms of #7 shot out to sensible ranges of thirty yards or thereabouts. If you want to get a fuller pattern use a plaswad if permitted where you shoot or increase the shot load to 32 gms of #6 or 30 gms of #7. If for magpies or squirrels go full on clay loads of 28 gms of #7 1/2 from the get go. Cheap, pattern well full, will be fatal to any of the black and white vandals and any tree rat co-conspirators.

Hello, thanks to reply, plaswads are I think not recommended with hushpower just fibre wads, as happens I do have the cartridges you mention, I just need to know how much rib to cut off past the muzzle after I cut down to 25 inches to take the screw thread end ? 

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, as above, if I cut down barrel to 25 inches, then some of the raised rib to fit the hushpower what sort of choke would be left if any ?? These singles had tight full chokes for some type of clay shooting back in the 1980s ? but I cannot remember which 🤔🙄 any thoughts PW 

Anyone fitted the 10 inch Hushpower silencer to a 12 g single, how far did you fit the screw thread end along  the barrel?? 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

On 30/03/2022 at 08:30, oldypigeonpopper said:

Anyone fitted the 10 inch Hushpower silencer to a 12 g single, how far did you fit the screw thread end along  the barrel?? 

How's your project coming on Gordon?.

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello Mel, still yet to do anything with this , having to sort out more things with older son , he's not doing very well again, I think I mentioned before, 

I'm sorry to hear that Gordon.  I hope you manage to get things sorted OK mate.👍