Clonking

team tractor

Had a customer who had a knocking noise on her car turned out to be a fluffy mascot that she had stuck on her roof aerial    that started to bounce of the roof when she got up to speed couldn't charge her cos it gave us both a good laugh .

59 minutes ago, The Mighty Prawn said:

Is that a free screwdriver/chisel? Glass half full thinking! Just don’t injure yourself with it

😂 it’s a snap on too I think 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Even your motor is unlucky,  or someone has tried having a go at your fuel tank?

Girlfriends motor 😂. Maybe my lucks washing off on her 

1 hour ago, scutt said:

Had a customer who had a knocking noise on her car turned out to be a fluffy mascot that she had stuck on her roof aerial    that started to bounce of the roof when she got up to speed couldn't charge her cos it gave us both a good laugh .

I had it after fitting a sump guard on my motorbike. Felt like a tit 

2 hours ago, scutt said:

My Mrs rang me at work. Says that the ka was banging at 65mph. OK below that. Mickey mouse aerial topper was the culprit. 

Jasper

1 minute ago, McSpredder said:

2056290047_Tyredamage.jpg.a46e9dc6100a8f3ab5bdf2dfda3284c7.jpg

😂 that would make a mess 

1 hour ago, Gordon R said:

Definitely not Snap On. Cheapo rubbish driver.

It’s free anyway 😂

7 hours ago, Dave-G said:

I had a similar issue several years ago when a wedge shaped piece of steel spiked the plastic fuel tank of my cab. Its amazing how much **** lays on the roads.

Riding motorbikes you discover that 🙈

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, discobob said:

I heard about someone who took the car in about a clunking noise everytime they turned right - finally traced to a can of pop in the glovebox!!!

My ex did that, rang me said there is a hell of a bang when she turned right. Told he to park up and drove to her 1/2 hour, to discover a tin of briwax in the glove box on the right and a small packet of tissues on the left stopping the tin on a left turn from making any sound, but giving it a good run up on the right turn. 🙃

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Blimey, how big was the stick?

I did wonder. Garage mot'd the car 3 weeks earlier. They said they can just break but it's unusual both together. Its an Audi and fairly low slung. I passed comment that it would not happen with Toyota. Its only 6 years old and first spring on any car I have owned that's broken. Build quality 🤔

5 minutes ago, London Best said:

Some years back now, my mates wife was constantly breaking front springs on an Astra.
Very bumpy, rural roads around there. 
Oh, and she cornered like an idiot!

😁 my wife drives pretty gently although it's only throttle and brakes. She does like clipping kerbs and hedgerows 🤣

Funny things coil springs . I've had three break , all when I wasn't in the car . One of them broke as I was standing on the doorstep , handing the car keys to my mate so that he could take the car for mot. It went with a fair crack , and all the dried mud fell from under the wheel arch .

13 minutes ago, London Best said:

Apparently, some people even have guns containing coil springs! Very odd.

Most peculiar however leaf and V springs also break 

apparently when my top lever spring broke last week it wasn’t under warranty 🙄

Edited by Old farrier

22 minutes ago, London Best said:

Apparently, some people even have guns containing coil springs! Very odd.

Gordon Bennett!   :w00t:

9 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Most peculiar however leaf and V springs also break 

apparently when my top lever spring broke last week it wasn’t under warranty 🙄

I do hope it was an easy fix, good job it is pre-season.  :cool1:

5 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Gordon Bennett!   

I do hope it was an easy fix, good job it is pre-season.  

Already mended lucky enough it was one of my spares although you don’t expect these things to break you would think that they would warranty stuff for at least a 120 years