Phesant head market stick

boo

Had another go a phesant head , one piece of American walnut , on hazel shank , now I wish I hadn't painted it ! I pyrography the feathers & details in looked really good , should of just oiled it up & left it alone,  paint has killed the feather patterning ,oh well you live & learn ! Definitely investing in some carving gear next month! 

20220331_155110.jpg

19 hours ago, boo said:

Cheers , looking at wecher flexi shaft set up in the future, I've gone through 3 dremmels in the past, the copper snaps in the motor, common problem, fixed but gone again, so off dremmels! Will see ....

Hi boo, I've had a dremel motoflex ( new model is the fortiflex) machine now since 2003..which I use to do heavy work and a 4000 which I use for more detailed work...so wouldn't be put off just let the tools do the work and don't try to force them...

13 minutes ago, boo said:

Cheers , would say they didn't have a hard life , maybe I've been unlucky , when googled was a common fault , repaired one, its where the copper wire comes off the coil & attaches to motor body if that makes sense....

Yeah totally boo, I think though the major problem is over heating I would always go for the highest rating wattage motor...👍

• 2 months later...