Fuel crisis???? No diesel.

Nitram xx

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, 243deer said:

Some petrol in Swaffham tonight but no diesel - just about made it home. Anyone know how much veg oil to add to some kerosene to make a few litres of diesel to get me out of trouble?

This was the same in the Yarmouth area , the main TESCO had ran out of both Petrol and Diesel and I joined the q at Morrisons  about two miles away, when I joined there were 60 / 70 cars and vans moving very slowly , I now feel a bit guilty using it tomorrow looking for a few Pigeons , but there you go , you can't take it with you :lol:

29 minutes ago, marsh man said:

This was the same in the Yarmouth area , the main TESCO had ran out of both Petrol and Diesel and I joined the q at Morrisons  about two miles away, when I joined there were 60 / 70 cars and vans moving very slowly , I now feel a bit guilty using it tomorrow looking for a few Pigeons , but there you go , you can't take it with you 

MM

I would say you are carrying out a 'essential service'. :lol:

Good man get out and fill your boots. Too bloomin true, there is no taking it with you. 👍

9 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

MM

I would say you are carrying out a 'essential service'. 

Good man get out and fill your boots. Too bloomin true, there is no taking it with you. 👍

At my age they used to say you are on borrowed time , all I hope they are not in to much of a hurry to get it back:lol:

Have a good weekend    MM

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

At my age they used to say you are on borrowed time , all I hope they are not in to much of a hurry to get it back:lol:

Have a good weekend    MM

Ahh! MM

I have never come across that phrase, it made me chuckle! :lol:

You have a good weekend also and get stuck into them woodies.

👍

I've just got in from a trip to Norfolk, no fuel anywhere!

Had to make a detour into Kings Lynn to get some diesel and then saw closed fuel stations all along the A10 on the way home.

Plod needs to grow a pair and deal with these protesters.

As if we didn't have enough to put up with.

any shortages will be localised. becasue people panic buy.

if a real shortage was imminent and folks couldnt get to work on mass the government would step in and sort somthing becasue it wold cost them millions.

people queing at the pumps to buy the stuff when the price is at an all time high....right now theyre just making easy money. they wont be in any great hurry to deal with protesters just now.

1 hour ago, Wymondley said:

I've just got in from a trip to Norfolk, no fuel anywhere!

Had to make a detour into Kings Lynn to get some diesel and then saw closed fuel stations all along the A10 on the way home.

Plod needs to grow a pair and deal with these protesters.

As if we didn't have enough to put up with.

You didn’t look hard enough!!!

Just driven home from London and obtained diesel near mildenhall and the wife got some in the Norwich bypass

4 hours ago, Jaymo said:

You didn’t look hard enough!!!

Just driven home from London and obtained diesel near mildenhall and the wife got some in the Norwich bypass

I do not have enough fuel left to make it to either Mildenhall or Norwich unfortunately. I was hoping things might have caught up by now as no diesel in my area since last Monday

3 minutes ago, serrac said:

I always thought if you committed an act of trespass the police could come and move you on or maybe even arrest you.

No.  For trespass it is only a civil offence.  If it is 'Aggravated Trespass' then Police can act.  I think in this case - it does fit the definition of 'Aggravated Trespass' but various Courts (Juries) have in effect undermined this by failing to convict (e.g. the Bristol Colston Statue event, various building damages in London) believing it is a legitimate freedom to 'demonstrate' even if it causes disruption.  The charge in those cases wasn't Aggravated Trespass - but the message from the Juries was clear.  Hence I suspect the Police don't see any point in acting if the Courts and Juries won't convict.

https://greenandblackcross.org/guides/laws/5-trespass-aggravated-trespass/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-59727161

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/10/jury-clears-extinction-rebellion-activists-who-targeted-commuters

On 06/04/2022 at 13:11, 100milesaway said:

This is where is begins, make it nigh on impossible to buy diesel  and then tell everyone there is not a market for it...I need to know lots of things about why my suzuki 4x4 is a gas guzzling, fume machine when it does 70 plus miles to the gallon and if you run your finger round the exhaust pipe, your finger remains clean.Who are these people trying to kid..... from Auntie.

It begins at the asylum where the lunatics have been in charge for 60 years?

As none of our problems affect them they simplry don't give a flying fig?

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

No.  For trespass it is only a civil offence. 

Then again I seem to recall there was a raft of new legislation brought in after the fuel protests of a few years back making it an offence to obstruct fuel supplies.
If they really tried I'm sure they could find something to justify sending in the boys who were roughing up peaceful lockdown protesters on the streets of London a few months ago.

On 06/04/2022 at 13:11, 100milesaway said:

This is where is begins, make it nigh on impossible to buy diesel  and then tell everyone there is not a market for it...I need to know lots of things about why my suzuki 4x4 is a gas guzzling, fume machine when it does 70 plus miles to the gallon and if you run your finger round the exhaust pipe, your finger remains clean.Who are these people trying to kid..... from Auntie.

Which Suzuki is that please?

11 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Which Suzuki is that please?

A 4year old vitara, it is the 3rd one I have owned,all have been superb, never let me down and I have had at least 80 thousand  on them when I  renewed. They have all been purchased new, when I  have my spirited head on I  still get 60mpg out of them,but  best of all they never ever need a spanner on them..They get a regular service and have not cost a penny apart from new tyres.

From Auntie.

Cannot believe the police can sit and watch this happening, trespass is civil until you refuse to leave if asked then it becomes aggravated trespass surely, these idiots are holding people to ransom, what's next water because they don't agree with sewage in the rivers ? Stop the police sitting in their cars persecuting motorists for going 5mph over the limit or sitting in the middle lane on a Motorway and get these parasites moved and fined.