Iveco 35C11 2.8 cost of cam belt change anyone

Keith RW

Morning All

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost for a cam belt change on an Iveco 35C11 with 2.8 engine, preferably by a mobile mechanic if such exist and how long a job it would be, seen youtube video and looks like all the front of the van needs removing to attack the engine !!!!!!!

I have an X plate 2000 motor home that's been a very long and slow project to say the least which has been in dry storage and slowly worked on as a project for the last 10 years from top to bottom and inside out, and which I am changing the filters etc. on this next week ready to go for its MOT

Engine has only covered 67K but figure with it having been stood so long with only the occasion engine start that it would be wise to change the timing belt before taking it out on the road for a run under load to the test station ....... or am I being too overcautious

thanks in advance

Edited by Keith RW

Thanks for the replies guys,

Always performed my own servicing and repairs over the years but not sure I want to attempt this one as don't have the enthusiasm that I used to have,

Would do the pump as well as the auxiliary belt & tensioners at he same time if  I can get a reasonable quote, if not probably I will attack it myself once I get my head around it

If memory serves me right take the bonnet off remove the front panel then the radiator gives you loads of access as Agriv8 says use bolts an tippex pulleys you won’t go wrong my mate used too rattle them off in under 2hrs been about 10yrs since I last did a Daily cam belt were quiet easy

Edited by Marka11

On 05/04/2022 at 19:51, ditchman said:

cant you do the old "cut & shuffle with the belt....saves an awful lot of time and money

never seen that method before finding it on youtube and you mentioning it here, you live and learn

ordered the belts online from buycarparts.co.uk to find out that they are German based and it  may be a while before they arrive, as I say you live and learn, good job I'm not in a rush.

Seem to be having a week of it as the starter motor on my trusty Xtrail packed in whilst out foxing down the fields last Sunday night, £600+ from Nissan, £150-£200 ECP , bought on line and again from Germany, £63 delivered in two days and fitted in under half hour.

oh the joys of motoring

On 09/04/2022 at 13:30, Keith RW said:

ordered the belts online from buycarparts.co.uk to find out that they are German based and it  may be a while before they arrive, as I say you live and learn, good job I'm not in a rush.

They are a very good supplier, good quality parts and very reasonable prices. I have used them for years