Ladies 6 nations Rugby 🏉

harrycatcat1

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'll bet yesterday's Wales Scotland was a better game to watch.

Well I thought I'd replied??

If you're looking for competitiveness, definitely! But If you're after that, then you're only left with watching England once all tournament! Aside from France, every match for the Red Roses is a pointless affair. It's not can you win, it's how much can you win by. 131 points from 2 games will inevitably produce the odd moment of magic worth watching live ;)

18 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I'll bet yesterday's Wales Scotland was a better game to watch.

Well I thought I'd replied??

I watched that game too, it was tight but today poor Italy 🇮🇹 struggled against England. 

Don't get me wrong I am no expert at all, I just enjoy watching both 6 nations rugby men and women 😉 

England V Wales Ladies this Saturday, (9th April), at Kingsholm Gloucester RFC , KO 4.45pm, it is on BBC 2. Expect a very good crowd figure with the  probability of 8- 10 players from Gloucester Hartpury ladies playing across the two teams.

11,000 tickets sold already according to GRFC website.

Edited by twenty

56 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

If you're looking for competitiveness, definitely! But If you're after that, then you're only left with watching England once all tournament! Aside from France, every match for the Red Roses is a pointless affair. It's not can you win, it's how much can you win by. 131 points from 2 games will inevitably produce the odd moment of magic worth watching live

I'm sure there were several great moments,  but the score line shows how one sided the game must have been.

55 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I watched that game too, it was tight but today poor Italy 🇮🇹 struggled against England. 

Don't get me wrong I am no expert at all, I just enjoy watching both 6 nations rugby men and women 😉 

It's good that the games are being televised,  we caught the end of the Wales Scotland game and it looked very competitive which is good for the neutrals watching. 

14 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Yes a cracking game, only spoilt for me by the awful booing!

I missed the booing; when was that?

Part of what makes England so dangerous was the all round adaptability of their players. When you've got locks and flankers who run the wings and split defences like Packer, Ward and Matthews can as well put in the heavy maul work, you know you're onto a good thing.

Abbie Dow's injury sounded a sickener. You could hear her crying in pain when it happened. The World Cup's in October;  let's hope for a speedy recovery.

9 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I missed the booing; when was that?

Part of what makes England so dangerous was the all round adaptability of their players. When you've got locks and flankers who run the wings and split defences like Packer, Ward and Matthews can as well put in the heavy maul work, you know you're onto a good thing.

Abbie Dow's injury sounded a sickener. You could hear her crying in pain when it happened. The World Cup's in October;  let's hope for a speedy recovery.

Every time the England Ladies went in to their super maul.

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Every time the England Ladies went in to their super maul.

Was that not the obligatory HEEEEAAAAAVVVVVVVVE for a maul, which comes out more like a low moan? I don't think it was booing. It was pretty loud and seemed to be a home fan noise. I can't think why England fans would be booing England's awesome ability to control a maul for that long 

8 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Was that not the obligatory HEEEEAAAAAVVVVVVVVE for a maul, which comes out more like a low moan? I don't think it was booing. It was pretty loud and seemed to be a home fan noise. I can't think why England fans would be booing England's awesome ability to control a maul for that long 

If it was I will blame my poor hearing, I hope you are correct.  :good:

10 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

I thought that it was booing too, coming from the Wales fans. Even my Mrs commented about booing 🤔🤔

Could be our hearing though 🤔 thought that it was unusual 🙄

Most of the top level Rugby Clubs in UK have  ladies team now and some of the players are professionals in their own right. They benefit from proper coaching 

A few years ago it was all a bit of a joke. Even the National squads were picked from Sunday players.

Women's football, rugby and cricket is really taking off. The TV companies love it because its cheap to show compared to mens sports. It will continue to grow

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Women's football, rugby and cricket is really taking off. The TV companies love it because its cheap to show compared to mens sports. It will continue to grow

The football is still pretty dire in comparison, but I'm not really much of a football fan - Rugby and cricket really stand out on their own and are excellent to watch

• 3 weeks later...

Really..... a fully professional team playing against mostly amateur/ semi pros.....the gulf in resources/ training/ players / makes this as a competitive event ......well not that competitive....bit like bringing say Brazil to play your local sunday football team.....its the same game but vastly different......

Sadly the teams are decades apart in terms of comparability even if all the teams were suddenly professional the results will not change for many years.......

2 minutes ago, millrace said:

Really..... a fully professional team playing against mostly amateur/ semi pros.....the gulf in resources/ training/ players / makes this as a competitive event ......well not that competitive....bit like bringing say Brazil to play your local sunday football team.....its the same game but vastly different......

Sadly the teams are decades apart in terms of comparability even if all the teams were suddenly professional the results will not change for many years.......

Did you watch France vs England?

Lol....watched prob 60 mins....

Was at ire...scot last nite but hey ho assume away.....

My point is teams beating others by 50/60  points only shows how the nations are at such different stages of development that its hard to see when or if they will ever actually be at the same level competitively.......