SGC renewal

6 hours ago, adarmo said:

I've renewed both my SGL and FAC - the extension runs out in 3 days !

I've tried calling (Staffs) and they don't answer the phone, I've left a message but no reply as yet

I gave the Dr my forms and £70 I presumed they'd emailed / sent it weeks ago but they text me yesterday to say I could collect it - surely that's not right ?

I think I only reapplied 4 weeks before my cert was up and had an almost 4 MONTH extension but unknown to me nothing has happened

Can I request a Section 7 ?

You can always ask but I doubt you'll be successful. I'll be harsh here, but truthful - you appear to have taken zero "ownership" of your renewals and now want to ask for an exception (a Section 7) due to your inaction. I don't think you'll be granted one. I'm surprised you were given an extension, so maybe they will be forgiving again.

7 hours ago, adarmo said:

I've tried calling (Staffs) and they don't answer the phone, I've left a message but no reply as yet

I gave the Dr my forms and £70 I presumed they'd emailed / sent it weeks ago but they text me yesterday to say I could collect it - surely that's not right ?

I think I only reapplied 4 weeks before my cert was up and had an almost 4 MONTH extension but unknown to me nothing has happened

4 month extensions don't exist, I'd say you are in possession of what are now illegally held firearms/shotguns.

If I was you I'd get them lodged with an RFD ASAP.

1 hour ago, Newbie to this said:

4 month extensions don't exist, I'd say you are in possession of what are now illegally held firearms/shotguns.

If I was you I'd get them lodged with an RFD ASAP.

If it says 4 months on the extension and it's issued by the police I'd say he has a good defence. Lol.

Just my twopennath.

Sent my renewal in about 10 weeks before expiry. Got a confirmation letter back.

2 weeks before expiry I got an 8 week extension. Then on the Saturday before the extension ran out on the Monday I put the guns in with a local rfd as I'd heard nowt. Called them (staffs) on Monday and explained, recieved a 2 month sec 7 on the thursday and picked guns up on Saturday. 

When I talked to them in March they were on with November's certs so I might just get in before another sec 7. I cerpently won't be letting it go to the wire again.

18 minutes ago, manthing said:

Just my twopennath.

Sent my renewal in about 10 weeks before expiry. Got a confirmation letter back.

2 weeks before expiry I got an 8 week extension. Then on the Saturday before the extension ran out on the Monday I put the guns in with a local rfd as I'd heard nowt. Called them (staffs) on Monday and explained, recieved a 2 month sec 7 on the thursday and picked guns up on Saturday. 

When I talked to them in March they were on with November's certs so I might just get in before another sec 7. I cerpently won't be letting it go to the wire again.

Spoke to the Lady from Staffs Firearms dept last Sunday at the stalking show literally said same to me just on Nov/Dec exp dates said my licences exp in Jan and my extension due too exp on 24th this month said my just get done before but if not they will grant me another ext

10 hours ago, adarmo said:

I take it your like me under Staffordshire when you say Staffs  the phone line is only available between I think 10am and 11am I have had no problem speaking too them. Okay never assume or presume anything with Docs at the moment thinking they would send or email your doc form to firearms what evidence would you have if they said we sent it oh I must have got lost in the post it’s upto you too send it not them also if you sent signed for letter there would then be evidence too say received. Also it would need checking over by yourself so no nasty surprise like I had then had too do an ammenment to my medical disclaimer. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon

4 hours ago, manthing said:

Dunt bode well for a quick turnabout does it?

Not really when you call them and the recorded voice message claims or says renewals taking 12 wks  considering they had the paperwork in December okay minus Doctors paperwork which they had in 2nd wk of January

Edited by Marka11