IKEA are pants

fern01

Well I have made my first, and last purchases ever from Ikea

I accept I am old school and times have changed but they seem to want you to jump through hoops to make three simple purchases from the same department

I was up against the 'Computer says No' syndrome

Paid for delivery and only two out of three items showed up

I hate having to walk past everything they sell before you can get out of the place too

Their customer Service is abysmal

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

I think you meant to say that their customer service is "forskracklig", Abysmal is a small book unit I think.

forskracklig is a pretty good translation, not sure where the small book unit comes from

Oh and while you wait ages for the phone to be answered you have to listen to none original badly sung ABBA songs

I went to IKEA once . It was a very busy Saturday afternoon,  and was a life changing experience. I never knew that I was claustrophobic,  but I know now. I would rather sit on an upturned milk crate than ever visit IKEA again.

Oh come on, the whole IKEA thing is a masterpiece of marketing.

I furnished a house with their Billy bookcases and stuff.

If you know how the outlet works it is relatively simple.

The staff do not have to meander through every floor and follow the path laid out for the customers!

The only problem I had was obtaining glass doors for the bookcases.

Eventually they delivered them at their expense.

But you do have to stand up to them and make contact with management rather than the foot soldiers.

Recently needed a chair suitable for a kids desk.

Wife saw one online with IKEA and it was ordered- turned up in time and of course, was ikea quality. Was fine for two days of having a kid spinning round on it to then fail.

Two attempts at customer service on the phone as they are having email problems apparently.

On the second call, I was asked if I would like some spare parts sent out? I asked for a returns label instead, to be told “ keep it and we will refund you too” 

So, money back and although you can’t alter the height anymore, it’s good enough that maybe a charity shop can make some pennies out of it. 

I admit that I only go for the hotdogs, the jam and the nice biscuits. My late mother, ninety-four and a War Widow had a terrible terrible experience in their when they (once), Ikea, had a cosmetics department selling Swedish products. She wanted some deodorant and when she asked of they had any the server asked if she wanted "Ball or aerosol...." Shocking. Simply shocking. And then to recover she went to look around the next door B & Q outside garden materials section when a man dressed in orange came out from behind some wooden staging planks and declared "Do you want decking?" Well fortunately I managed to get in front of him and get my blow in first. Down he went. Like a sack of potatoes...and then the store security team arrived....

25 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

I admit that I only go for the hotdogs, the jam and the nice biscuits. My late mother, ninety-four and a War Widow had a terrible terrible experience in their when they (once), Ikea, had a cosmetics department selling Swedish products. She wanted some deodorant and when she asked of they had any the server asked if she wanted "Ball or aerosol...." Shocking. Simply shocking. And then to recover she went to look around the next door B & Q outside garden materials section when a man dressed in orange came out from behind some wooden staging planks and declared "Do you want decking?" Well fortunately I managed to get in front of him and get my blow in first. Down he went. Like a sack of potatoes...and then the store security team arrived....

Did she not point out, neither it was for her underarm

I like IKEA especially their cooking and storage stuff for our commercial kitchen, we still have £2 frying pans from years ago, big stew pans are used daily for seafood etc, Plastic lidded boxes for flours, cant fault them

Edited by islandgun

35 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

🤣

I don’t like the experience of visiting IKEA - but the products are good and quiet innovative. Both my daughters were kitted out in Ikea before going to university.

My wife loves the place- and in the event of her passing she would like her ashes scattered in the soft furnishings area.

Hitman 

On 05/04/2022 at 01:55, fern01 said:

forskracklig is a pretty good translation, not sure where the small book unit comes from

Oh and while you wait ages for the phone to be answered you have to listen to none original badly sung ABBA songs

It was a poke at the odd names they call their furniture!

On 05/04/2022 at 11:15, Good shot? said:

It winds me up (following the path taking me past everything in the shop) in more ways than one.

I dread to think what the outcome would be in an emergency, it is like a maze in the local Warrington site.

You need to open your eyes – there are signs that point you to the ‘shortcuts’ that eliminate going round the maze.  Or at least there are in the Brizzle store.

The outcome in an emergency would be staff and emergency services personnel using the fire brigade plan like competent professionals.

Also, the 'free wood' box is an excellent source of material for projects, if you're selective.

Edited by udderlyoffroad