Channel 4 to be sold off

Newbie to this

An absolute travesty. Purely ideological, backwards thinking, if indeed Dories is capable of thinking. 

Probably the most stark cultural vandalism I can remember in this country. 

You may have gathered I’m not impressed. 

The loss of investment etc in programming in the uk would be huge.  Just google why it was set up, and it’s part in the creative industry here. Would be a big loss, pretty much all because they don’t suck up to the current government. 

1 minute ago, discobob said:

propaganda!!!

Nail on head! Government can influence (hugely) the bbc. 

2 minutes ago, hod said:

Nail on head! Government can influence (hugely) the bbc.

Really?  They are doing an absolutely gawd-awful job of it then!!  That or it's a false flag/managed opposition-type setup...

13 minutes ago, hod said:

The loss of investment etc in programming in the uk would be huge.

Eh?  So because there's no longer a government-funded TV station, independent production companies are going to up sticks?  When they already benefit from the £5b annual TV licence boondoggle massively distorting the 'market'.  Pull the other one.

15 minutes ago, hod said:

Just google why it was set up, and it’s part in the creative industry here. Would be a big loss, pretty much all because they don’t suck up to the current government. 

The media landscape of the early 80s bears no resemblance to 2022.  Broadcast television, especially for the audience C4 is trying to appeal to, is essentially dead.

As a tax payer, I'm glad the UK government is (finally) getting out of a dying market.

5 hours ago, scouser said:

Save channel 4, and sell off the BBC instead.

Good idea

4 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

There will be quite a few of the uber left wing backsides twitching at channel 4.  Just like the BBC they are totally biased in almost all they do.   Sell them both off is my view.

Even better

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

for years i thought "Propaganda" was a yorkshire word for having a good look at something

Squire, with witty remarks like that, you need to take over in the jokes section from a certain person with lots of coats 👍🤪😂