Meatloaf

SuperGoose75

Had a hankering to make a meatloaf  yesterday for dinner. I made a few before using Nigella's recipe. I more or less followed an American youtube recipe yesterday and used- quality butchers minced beef,local farm egg's,panko breadcrumbs, grated garlic and onion,seasoned with both black &white pepper, sea salt, garlic granules, and a squeeze of HP fruity and a splosh of ''Wuster'' sauce.

Shaped in a cling filmed loaf tin and baked for 30 mins before brushing on a sauce made up of  HP fruity,Ketchup, barbecue and brown sugar. Baked for another 30 minutes and then left to rest for 20mins.

Had it with homemade Yorkshire puddings, Mash and veg with gravy.

Just after slicing up some leftover meatloaf, straight from the fridge to put in a buttered floury bap,with sliced red cheese and Branston ''small chunk pickle''.  It was worth making for the leftover sandwich alone. Enough left for another sandwich tomorrow. 

As I was making the ''sandwich'' I was thinking of the Greylag breasts in the freezer, that need mincing with pork belly. I had burgers planned, but now thinking Meatloaf instead😋

Someone who comes to our shoot sometimes brings a meatloaf made with a mix of game and mince (possibly pork?) and we have it cold ........ and very good indeed it is.  I don't have the recipe, but suspect there are plenty on line to be found.

17 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Someone who comes to our shoot sometimes brings a meatloaf made with a mix of game and mince (possibly pork?) and we have it cold ........ and very good indeed it is.  I don't have the recipe, but suspect there are plenty on line to be found.

I have to say,the one I made although it was nice and moist when warm for dinner, I much preferred it the following day as a cold cut. The taste of the glaze came through better when cold.

A quick Google indeed reveals plenty of game recipes for meatloaf. It's one if them dishes that there are no hard and fast rules and it's there to be adventurous with.