Recoil pad spacer

mpmilo

Hi all,

Having trailed round all my local gun shops, nobody seems to stock a 6mm black grind to fit recoil pad spacer, found one on e bay at a silly price. Anybody got any ideas what else i could use . Been racking my brain all afternoon, years ago i had some ex sign making plastic off cuts which would have done the job, But they seem to have disappeared.

Cheers

Edited by mpmilo

1 hour ago, mpmilo said:

Hi all,

Having trailed round all my local gun shops, nobody seems to stock a 6mm black grind to fit recoil pad spacer, found one on e bay at a silly price. Anybody got any ideas what else i could use . Been racking my brain all afternoon, years ago i had some ex sign making plastic off cuts which would have done the job, But they seem to have disappeared.

Cheers

A piece of wood and stain it black.

6mm thick brown "nylon" aka polyethylene type plastic? There will be somewhere a local to you plastics factory that has aisles full of it.

https://plasticsheetsshop.co.uk/product/polythene-sheet-black-6mm/

Time I think to start using the internet and start calling. Eventually you WILL find a business that says either "we do" or "we don't but XXX does". 

But if the worst comes to the worst buy a chopping board for vegetables. It'll be brown. And if made in the UK then give the makers a call. These do them in black too:

https://www.hygiplas.co.uk/docs/productsNew/kitchenUtensils.htm

Hope it helps?

Edited by enfieldspares

Cheers all,

Rang a few plastic places today, but only interested in selling sheets of the stuff. I only need 130mm x 45mm.

Just got off the phone to my nipper whos got some spare walnut in the workshop and will turn down a piece of that for me 👌.

Edited by mpmilo

8 minutes ago, miki said:

Hi @mpmilo I've got some black polyethylene that is 3mm thick that i'm experimenting with.

Not sure how it will finish or how easy it is to cut accurately but if it works i will post back here and you are welcome to a piece.

Cheers for the offer miki.

29 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

But if the worst comes to the worst buy a chopping board for vegetables. It'll be brown. And if made in the UK then give the makers a call. These do them in black too:

https://www.hygiplas.co.uk/docs/productsNew/kitchenUtensils.htm

Hope it helps?

Edited 8 minutes ago by enfieldspares

That is a brilliant idea for all sorts of stuff. If my nipper hadnt offered the walnut i think the Mrs would have one less chopping board than she had this morning.

21 hours ago, mpmilo said:

Hi all,

Cheers

What makes you think 6 MILLIMETRES is going to make any noticeable difference to anything?