"what if...."

ditchman

french elections..........Marine le penn...seems to be making gains against macron.....i hear she is not excactly pro EU....will be interesting to see by the end of today if she makes it to the next round......

i still think that macron is a decietful little weasel.......i rekon its time for a change in the direction of french politics..

any thoughts ?

Hard to say what impact this may or not have on the immigration problem we are having , r.e.:- rubber dinghy mob .

Will they still risk trying to get through France if she is in charge and if so will she try to stop them crossing the channel , or help them across ?

At the moment the rough estimate is it is running anywhere between 500 to 1000 each day .

Can't see the E.U. gaffers welcoming her with open arms either .

7 minutes ago, Jega said:

Hard to say what impact this may or not have on the immigration problem we are having , r.e.:- rubber dinghy mob .

Will they still risk trying to get through France if she is in charge and if so will she try to stop them crossing the channel , or help them across ?

At the moment the rough estimate is it is running anywhere between 500 to 1000 each day .

Can't see the E.U. gaffers welcoming her with open arms either .

Hello, would be good if she spends the 40 Million £s on stopping this that Pretty Patel  gave Macron ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, looks like in the same Bed as Putin ??

of late she has been very busy detatching herself from putin................no big deal.....UK has been very close to Putin..a darnsite closer than le penn........follow the money...

The EU should be worried.......

Edited by ditchman

45 minutes ago, ditchman said:

of late she has been very busy detatching herself from putin................no big deal.....UK has been very close to Putin..a darnsite closer than le penn........follow the money...

The EU should be worried.......

Hello, I watched the news on France , there's a lot of animosity towards Macron ??

It will seriously throw the cat amongst the pigeons in Brussels if she does win. There will be some weeping and wailing for sure.  Personally I would enjoy the spectacle.  With regard to her being 'in bed' with Putin, as said many have been on speaking terms including Trump but that doesn't mean they are anywhere close to their political leanings. As said money comes into it in some cases as with the Chansellors wife.  Going to be interesting.

32 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It will seriously throw the cat amongst the pigeons in Brussels if she does win. There will be some weeping and wailing for sure.  Personally I would enjoy the spectacle.  With regard to her being 'in bed' with Putin, as said many have been on speaking terms including Trump but that doesn't mean they are anywhere close to their political leanings. As said money comes into it in some cases as with the Chansellors wife.  Going to be interesting.

point well made......

7 hours ago, fern01 said:

Its not the number of votes that count, its who counts them.

The French Establishment will not allow Le Penn to win

Indeed.

The most telling comment I have seen was one French woman who said "When we voted for him (macron) he was new, we thought we'll give him a chance, it didn't work!"

Personally I think Macron did himself no favours with the French people when he tried to be a world statesman and entered in to discourse with Putin.

On 10/04/2022 at 16:42, Walker570 said:

LePen has borrowed money off Putin to fund her election campaign. Its not a secret, nobody else would finance her

A Russian bank gave Marine Le Pen’s party a loan. Then weird things began happening. - The Washington Post

Edited by Vince Green

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2022 at 07:18, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Indeed.

The most telling comment I have seen was one French woman who said "When we voted for him (macron) he was new, we thought we'll give him a chance, it didn't work!"

Personally I think Macron did himself no favours with the French people when he tried to be a world statesman and entered in to discourse with Putin.

this was written on the 12th............and is very relevant now...moreso............

macron is still several points ahead in the polls............but i have a sneaking suspision...that le penn might take the presidentsy....lots of folk are/have been interviewed off camera..(due to polling rules)...and they they (the pollsters) think there are going to be a large number of voters change their mind as they walk intothe booths...........

they are more of less saying macron has had 5 years ..he has shot his bolt...they are embarassed about his childerish "im the big statesman" trips to Putin's court.....they (the voters) are getting fed up with the same old same old........

i wonder if we will be in for a surprise..........:hmm:

LePen is Putin's poodle, bought and paid for. She wants to leave NATO, and leave the EU. Neither of which would be good for France but very good for Putin. The only reason she is so high in the polls is because Macron is such a plonker. 

For decades Russia has given support to far left groups to try and bring about "the revolution Comrade" but realised they were populated by air heads and dreamers. Now under Putin the support goes to the right wing organisations and that is having more of an effect, especially in America   

Edited by Vince Green

7 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

LePen is Putin's poodle, bought and paid for. She wants to leave NATO, and leave the EU. Neither of which would be good for France but very good for Putin. The only reason she is so high in the polls is because Macron is such a plonker

dont think penn is up putins derrier....she got her money from where she could.....in our own way UK has been very "loose" to russia and Trump has been close as well......

totally agree with your opion of macron is a plonker...........i think he is an absolute weasel of a man...and an utter hypocrite.......

these are the thoughts that will go thro' the voters as they walk to the polls..........

if macro gets in again.......france will stagnate...........we can see that but can the french see that......

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

dont think penn is up putins derrier....she got her money from where she could.....in our own way UK has been very "loose" to russia and Trump has been close as well......

totally agree with your opion of macron is a plonker...........i think he is an absolute weasel of a man...and an utter hypocrite.......

these are the thoughts that will go thro' the voters as they walk to the polls..........

if macro gets in again.......france will stagnate...........we can see that but can the french see that......

Note as daft as folk, so the saying goes we will see later the result but I think it will be very very close.

I don’t think she will get in ( then again I got Brexit wrong).

Charring to a few old French friends in the past few days, they are of the same opinion.

They say they will vote Macron purely as he is the better of a bad bunch.

My old town where we lived voted Le Pens lot in at local elections but the feeling is that it won’t translate to National level.

But we shall see 🤔

Just now, Vince Green said:

Maybe now he will grow up a bit

It is not in the French nature to be mature. 

Petty childishness is inbuilt into their culture; examples are the insistence on holding the EU Parliament to monthly sessions in Strasbourg (despite mosy things being based in Brussels and the Parliament having a building in Brussels), and the insistence that in international broadcasts (Olympics etc.) French is always announced first.

Similarly, unrest (like the Gillets Jaunes movements, the militant farmers and fishermen) lies just below the surface and can get quite violent very quickly.

33 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I think Macron is the best choice, even though he hates us. Maybe now he will grow up a bit and stop treating the job like a vanity project

i wont hold my breath..........he is a total hypocrite...on EU NATO.........ive had a fair bit to drink today so i wont go on any further...because my nemisis ZAPP ...will cruntch my grerdals................

play amongst yourselves now...........:crazy: