Dishwasher sump hose

sandspider

Hi folks

Our dishwasher threw a hissy fit, and is spraying water from a hole in a hose at the bottom. I think this is probably a sump hose - can anyone confirm? See hose marked with red arrow in pic hopefully attached.

Assuming this is the hose in question, is it a fairly simple replacement? Disconnect dishwasher, tip it on its back, remove bottom plate, detach hose, attach replacement hose, put it all back together, Robert's your mother's brother?! Just want to make sure I'm not going to encouter any unexpected problems when I've got the mains water turned off. (Isolation valve for dishwasher supply doesn't work, of course...)

IMG_20220411_100929_copy_2000x1500.jpg

In theory I reckon your correct, but would have a selection of gunk, paste, jubilee clips etc available once upended. O yes and a big hammer in case the job encroaches into your evening repast so you can confirm to yourself and wife it's beyond economical repair and treat yourself to a new un as been down this road a few times with white goods and they don't make repairs eZ sir

Thanks folks. I think replacing the valve might be beyond me!

I do have various other bits and pieces, in case I need them. Local chap wanted £80 just to look at it, so for that price, I'll give it a go myself! If it goes pear shaped, that's £80 saved to put towards a new one.

26 minutes ago, sandspider said:

Thanks folks. I think replacing the valve might be beyond me!

I do have various other bits and pieces, in case I need them. Local chap wanted £80 just to look at it, so for that price, I'll give it a go myself! If it goes pear shaped, that's £80 saved to put towards a new one.

Honestly, it's not rocket science mate, but they do make it awkward and at the end of the day. . . . .  but give it a go and if it turns out easy then happy days or buy a new one but I wouldn't go down the road of getting 'the man in' cos any non manufacturer repair is always going to be in doubt

Should be a jubilee or hose clamp job. A decent set of grips will have that off. 

Failing that if it’s rubber pinch the split, fill it with bike puncture glue and bash a patch over it for good measure. 
I have had half decent success with normal superglue as well 

Thanks all.

Don't think glue will do it, given the force the water was spraying out with! Will look out for salt spillage. And I found the right hose on espares, but couldn't buy it as their website won't let me log in, and they couldn't reset it. Not to worry, found it much cheaper elsewhere. Arrives tomorrow, then I'll have a bash.

If not, it's probably new dishwasher time anyway, so nothing lost by my having a try.

10 hours ago, paul1966 said:

have a look on you tube there are lots of how to videos on there, I found on our old dishwasher the hardest part was stripping the base down just to get access.

Like Paul said try youtube, even if not a video for you model it may give you tips etc, our microwave turntable stopped turning after a look on youtube I ordered a small replacement motor for £12 and fitted myself in minutes.

Oh and make sure you have it unplugged from the mains if you take and coverings off, just in case there are live connections underneath.

Good luck

Mick

Edited by powler

Cheers.

Got the water off, got the dishwasher disconnected and out, and got the bottom off without trouble. However, there are two sump hoses, quite similar, and I've got the wrong one! ******. Back to eSpares. Oh well, shouldn't be too difficult to replace when I have the right hose. Hopefully. Hosefully.

16 hours ago, sandspider said:

Cheers.

Got the water off, got the dishwasher disconnected and out, and got the bottom off without trouble. However, there are two sump hoses, quite similar, and I've got the wrong one! ******. Back to eSpares. Oh well, shouldn't be too difficult to replace when I have the right hose. Hopefully. Hosefully.

I done that with a Tumbledryer last year - took it all apart, replaced the start capacitor (that I had found by googling) but noticed another capacitor while I had it apart. Put it all back together to have the same problem - yep - ordered the wrong capacitor. Got the right one and we have a working tumble dryer.

We have a washing machine by Panasonic - they have pulled out of these in the UK and you can't get most parts for them.

7 hours ago, discobob said:

We have a washing machine by Panasonic - they have pulled out of these in the UK and you can't get most parts for them.

I found a similar issue with the mother in laws oven, the element had gone and was struggling to find the part for this old currys oven but after some googling found one from another make was the exact same.