AA S200 magazine problems.

Walker570

My normally trusty S200 suddenly decided that it was not going to rotate the magazine for another shot. Pull the bolt back and the mag stays put when it should move up a notch to the next pellet.   Sooooooo I called in and purchased a new ten shot magazine unit thinking the old one....mine is a Mk2 so a bit old in the tooth and has done a lot of work in the four years I have had it.  Fitted the new unit but it still will not rotate the magazine.  Played with the little adjuster screw on the bottom thinking this may be the problem with no avail. The magazine is also failing to line up and give a clean run for the bolt.      Any ideas ?????????????

Edited by Walker570

This new magazine housing is identical to the old one.  I am wondering if there is some workings under the stock which are playing up. The lifting arm is lifting when the magazine is out.  The stock has a slight crack so I  will take the stock off and see what is underneath.  I have to make a special tool for the stock screw but that is now big deal.  The adjustment to line up the mag is a grub screw in a threaded hole under the action. This screw is only about 3/16 long . I have substituted a long screw which extends out of the hole and is much easier to adjust.  I don't think this is contributing to the problem.

Edited by Walker570

Yes, thanks. I have had a good look and think it is hidden under the stock.  Job for tomorrow.  I have had it about four years and purchased it second hand like new. It has been in use almost every day since then so expect a little wear somewhere.  Still puts them all in the same hole if I do my bit.  Cracking little rifle.

Stripped the stock of and found the problem, a rather loose item in the cocking mechanism now tightened back up with a touch of soft lock tight and now working first rate.

Thank you all for your input,  Had to make a tool to unscrew the stock nut which took a while, used an old 10mm socket and cut away the sides to leave two ears to engage the nut and amzingly my big screwdriver just fitted to do the turning.

Hello, when I had a S200 and fitted the magazine the loading bolt was engaged until a perfect alignment  then I tightened up the holding screws, a few drops of oil kept it working , checking after shooting a few hundred pellets, but as with most things mechanical parts do have  wear and tear over time,