Brexit haters still trying to oust Bojo.

Dave-G

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, owain said:

If Boris gets caught drink driving next week are we going to see the same people give him a pass on that one also? 

Don't be silly, people are calling for his head for having cake at work when there are much bigger issues going on. 

4 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

However, I can't see how he can stay, he's broken the very laws he forced on the rest of us, I lost my best friend over lock down, I couldn't see him before he died and I couldn't go to his funeral, despite me not agreeing with the rules, I was made to abide by them. For the PM to then ignore those rules is beyond forgivable for me. 

I can understand family and friends in this situation not being happy,  but a lad at work went to a funeral, then they went back to a house, and loads got covid, this was early on.

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

10 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Don't be silly, people are calling for his head for having cake at work when there are much bigger issues going on. 

Not really silly though is it? People die because of drink driving, people also died of Covid. If Covid was spread through one of those parties somebody could have died. Isn’t that what was being forced down our necks, week in week out during the pandemic? 
Boris and his mates clearly didn’t think those rules applied to them, and some people obviously agree with them.

So if Boris decides he is ok to drive after 3 pints with his Sunday dinner are the same people going to say “oh it’s ok, it’s only a pint, there’s more to worry about”?

Edited by owain

3 minutes ago, owain said:
11 minutes ago, Mice! said:

Not really silly though is it? People die because of drink driving, people also died of Covid. If Covid was spread through one of those parties somebody could have died. Isn’t that what was being forced down our necks, week in week out during the pandemic? 
Boris and his mates clearly didn’t think those rules applied to them, and some people obviously agree with them.

So if Boris decides he is ok to drive after 3 pints with his Sunday dinner are the same people going to say “oh it’s ok, it’s only a pint, there’s more to worry about”?

It's silly to be hounding the PM over having cake in work, the pictures of the garden party, they were outside and spread out, I don't see anyone hounding Kier over his beer?

If an MP gets caught drink driving I hope they get what they deserve,  which would be sacked.

Lets not forget convictions can be on a technicality - people having a break with cake and a bottle during work hours ca be construed as technically a party.

And lets not forget plod also watched over all sorts of street gatherings raves and BLM protests etc during lockdown.... without breaking them up. Just Plod making political decisions that suit their agendas or who might be leaning on them - like the agenda of police commissioners and chiefs.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

I can understand family and friends in this situation not being happy,  but a lad at work went to a funeral, then they went back to a house, and loads got covid, this was early on.

Yeah I get the laws, they were for the good of the many. But if your going to make and impose the most draconian laws outside of war time on your population, the PM should at least follow them to the letter. 

To cut a long story short, it's the hypocrisy of it all. 

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Why are you constantly bringing someone else's story into the debate???

With you it's always "Well so and so did the same and got away with it)???

Are you telling us that he's not guilty? Or do you keep trying to big Bojo up so as not to look so stupid because you've supported him from the get go?

1 hour ago, owain said:

Well that’s ok then, it’s fine to break the law as long as you can afford it 🤷

But is it the law ? https://binghamcentre.biicl.org/comments/88/covid-19-when-is-a-rule-not-a-rule?cookiesset=1&ts=1649854981

The grey area is when you arent breaking 'rules' when you are working together, but all of a sudden, theres food and drink involved, and someone says PARTY !
Government employees have front line worker status, they can work and eat together within their working environment , but make that a 'social' thing , and theres people calling for them to be sacked, pilloried , and one delightful opinion, executed by decapitation.

The NHS got a standing ovation every thursday, and hero status.
The government, got called every name under the sun (sometimes quite justified too) and became something of a vent for many peoples frustration.
But for the most part , they did their jobs.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

It's silly to be hounding the PM over having cake in work, the pictures of the garden party, they were outside and spread out, I don't see anyone hounding Kier over his beer?

If an MP gets caught drink driving I hope they get what they deserve,  which would be sacked.

Dont care if it was cake or cake and jelly. It's the lying.  Its telling us all to do one thing and doing another. Surely the Tories have something or someone better to offer up. How can a liar represent our country. Who would trust a word out of his mouth?

54 minutes ago, toxo said:

Why are you constantly bringing someone else's story into the debate???

I could name the lad, but I'm not about to, I know he went to a funeral,  then the wake and loads got covid, simple as that and the reason numbers were limited at funerals and wakes weren't supposed to take place.

Same as I know loads of lads were still meeting up outside of work which made a mockery of us not mixing between shifts, but I just kept out of the way in the early days and knew we were all being tested weekly. 

56 minutes ago, toxo said:

With you it's always "Well so and so did the same and got away with it)???

Imagine how many public figures got caught out doing something they shouldn't have, Boris, Kier, Sturgeon,  cake, beers, out and about without her mask, but their all happily shouting that Boris should resign or be sacked,  but none of them are falling on their sword.

1 hour ago, toxo said:

Are you telling us that he's not guilty? Or do you keep trying to big Bojo up so as not to look so stupid because you've supported him from the get go?

I'm happy knowing he had cake at work, I feel the Tories led by Boris diid a good job getting us through something none of us had ever experienced before,  other countries around the world went much further and others are still in lockdowns now.

36 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

But is it the law ? https://binghamcentre.biicl.org/comments/88/covid-19-when-is-a-rule-not-a-rule?cookiesset=1&ts=1649854981

The grey area is when you arent breaking 'rules' when you are working together, but all of a sudden, theres food and drink involved, and someone says PARTY !
Government employees have front line worker status, they can work and eat together within their working environment , but make that a 'social' thing , and theres people calling for them to be sacked, pilloried , and one delightful opinion, executed by decapitation.

The NHS got a standing ovation every thursday, and hero status.
The government, got called every name under the sun (sometimes quite justified too) and became something of a vent for many peoples frustration.
But for the most part , they did their jobs.

Well, he’s been fined. And he’s apologised. And I’m assuming he’s going to pay the fine. So I’m going to go out on a limb and say yes, he has broken the law, and that he knows fine well he has.

54 minutes ago, oowee said:

Surely the Tories have something or someone better to offer up. How can a liar represent our country

They don’t, and the public has no appetite for a leadership election anyway.
I respectfully suggest your dislike of BoJo is blinding to you to the complete lack of alternatives.

Look at it his way; they told us to mask up and distance, and by they I mean every world leader.  They then held numerous international summits (G7, COP26) where the lackies were masked up and distanced, the rest of them gland-handing each other and slapping themselves on the back.  Occasionally, they made a public showing of masking up, and then removing the mask when the photo call was over, seemingly either not knowing or caring that the press were still in the room.  It was all theatre and show.  

I bet not one G7 leader hasn’t been guilty of similar breaches according to their own country’s equally absurd laws.  Indeed, I’ll go further; the more the leader is a darling of the press, harsh-lockdown type (Macron, Ardern, Turdeau, Drakeford, Strurgeon etc), the more likely they are to have been in material breach of their own Jackboot laws.  

The only difference is, in the UK we are easily distracted by such things, our French cousins are more likely to just give their stereotypical gallic shrug in response.

BoJo, for all his failings, is no more a liar on the world stage than any one of those other shysters.

Pay the fine(s), move on, punish his not-at-all-conservative party at the ballot box when the next election comes round.

People defending Boris is mind boggling.  Do you believe the words you are saying?! 

No matter your politics, this sort of lying, law breaking, hypocritical and morally bankrupt behaviour used to be a resigning matter.  A sad state of affairs we find ourselves in when this is who is leading us. 

11 minutes ago, hod said:

People defending Boris is mind boggling.  Do you believe the words you are saying?! 
No matter your politics, this sort of lying, law breaking, hypocritical and morally bankrupt behaviour used to be a resigning matter.  A sad state of affairs we find ourselves in when this is who is leading us. 

What do you propose is done to sort it out?

10 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

They don’t, and the public has no appetite for a leadership election anyway.
I respectfully suggest your dislike of BoJo is blinding to you to the complete lack of alternatives.

Look at it his way; they told us to mask up and distance, and by they I mean every world leader.  They then held numerous international summits (G7, COP26) where the lackies were masked up and distanced, the rest of them gland-handing each other and slapping themselves on the back.  Occasionally, they made a public showing of masking up, and then removing the mask when the photo call was over, seemingly either not knowing or caring that the press were still in the room.  It was all theatre and show.  

I bet not one G7 leader hasn’t been guilty of similar breaches according to their own country’s equally absurd laws.  Indeed, I’ll go further; the more the leader is a darling of the press, harsh-lockdown type (Macron, Ardern, Turdeau, Drakeford, Strurgeon etc), the more likely they are to have been in material breach of their own Jackboot laws.  

The only difference is, in the UK we are easily distracted by such things, our French cousins are more likely to just give their stereotypical gallic shrug in response.

BoJo, for all his failings, is no more a liar on the world stage than any one of those other shysters.

Pay the fine(s), move on, punish his not-at-all-conservative party at the ballot box when the next election comes round.

Unbelievable the lengths some people will go to to buoy up this lying piece of scum and it has nothing to do with party politics. Where is the line these days between legal/illegal, right/wrong, truth/lie, honest/dishonest? According to a lot on here there isn't one.

4 minutes ago, hod said:

No matter your politics, this sort of lying, law breaking, hypocritical and morally bankrupt behaviour used to be a resigning matter.  

Did it ****, they just never got caught!  Seriously, have a look at British political scandals, how far back do you want to go, Profumo?  Further?  All of them carry on as if the law of the land didn't apply to them, and people falling on their sword was the exception rather than the rule.

13 minutes ago, hod said:

If that was aimed at me, I’m not defending him.  He should go, precisely because on his watch he introduced absurd, illogical and illiberal laws that were completely impractical and very easy to fall foul of.  Those should be absolutely haram to a conservative leader.

But a bluddy fixed penalty notice?  No, sorry, distraction theatre.

3 minutes ago, toxo said:

Where is the line these days between legal/illegal, right/wrong, truth/lie, honest/dishonest? 

Any other rhetorical clichés to add?  Here's my favourite: The truest sign of intelligence is the ability to entertain two contradictory ideas simultaneously.

Once again, he should go, but not because of a ******* fixed penalty notice.

Also, not one G7 leader or leader of the Nations the UK will be left standing if we start applying that standard across the board.

28 minutes ago, hod said:

No matter your politics, this sort of lying, law breaking, hypocritical and morally bankrupt behaviour used to be a resigning matter.

Kier says cheers 😄

image.png.e04e7350d69b45fb97ff97d2c5c3a2b3.png

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826418/keir-starmer-beer-indoor-gathering/

He says this is a million miles away from Boris cake do, and says (maybe) covid rules are for the many , not the few , like him and his buddies 😆