Brexit haters still trying to oust Bojo.

Dave-G

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Yeah I get the laws, they were for the good of the many. But if your going to make and impose the most draconian laws outside of war time on your population, the PM should at least follow them to the letter. 

To cut a long story short, it's the hypocrisy of it all. 

This is what gets my goat . On the legal scale,  it's not exactly up there with murder , but , it's very hypocritical,  and really disrespectful to everyone that did stick to the rules.

I'd like to think that Boris had to explain to the queen , why downing street could party , while she had to sit alone at her husbands funeral . I'd like to think it went like this .

" right then Boris,  would you care to explain yourself , you xxxx ?".

Edited by mel b3

In my opinion there's a right and wrong time for him to go, sure he's stretched right and wrong: but this ain't the right time to run a countries leadership contest just because he had beer and cake at work with work colleagues who were breathing the same air anyway.

Edited by Dave-G

3 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

In my opinion there's a right and wrong time for him to go, sure he's stretched right and wrong: but this ain't the right time to run a countries leadership contest just because he had beer and cake at work with work colleagues who were breathing the same air anyway.

I agree with most of that dave . He can't go at the the moment,  because their isn't really anyone to replace him , and it certainly isn't the time because of the mess that the ukranian business has caused.

The double standards with the get together really boil my xxxx , because,  while they were partying,  and justifying it by saying its OK because they work together , I was unable to give guys a lift home , or to the bus stop,in my car ,   because they weren't in my bubble , yet I'd been sharing a cab with them all day , as they were in my work bubble. 

The whole lot of it stinks , because it was all one big sack of xxxx.

3 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

I agree with most of that dave . He can't go at the the moment,  because their isn't really anyone to replace him , and it certainly isn't the time because of the mess that the ukranian business has caused.

The double standards with the get together really boil my xxxx , because,  while they were partying,  and justifying it by saying its OK because they work together , I was unable to give guys a lift home , or to the bus stop,in my car ,   because they weren't in my bubble , yet I'd been sharing a cab with them all day , as they were in my work bubble. 

The whole lot of it stinks , because it was all one big sack of xxxx.

I agree indeed that is a tough pill to swallow Mel. 

46 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Agree … is cheese and wine a party?

I think more like cheese an whine party from anyone wanting to hit out at No 10.  Personally a mountain made from a molehill.  I could not see a problem with a group who had worked all day opening a bottle and relaxing for an hour within the curtakage of their work place.  It will probably put Starmer or worse in as Prime Minister so am I glad I am a pensioner at the end of my life span ?   YES!!

Don't even get me on that stupid BUBBLE deal, who in their right minds dreamt that one up?

HAH!!! guessed it, the same that are supposedly running the NHS.

The destructions ..errr no sorry instructions issued by these so called 'experts' destroyed so many lives.  I close friend of ours late 40s has been petrified to venture out. 

Edited by Walker570

11 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I think more like cheese an whine party from anyone wanting to hit out at No 10.  Personally a mountain made from a molehill.  I could not see a problem with a group who had worked all day opening a bottle and relaxing for an hour within the curtakage of their work place.  It will probably put Starmer or worse in as Prime Minister so am I glad I am a pensioner at the end of my life span ?   YES!!

Don't even get me on that stupid BUBBLE deal, who in their right minds dreamt that one up?

HAH!!! guessed it, the same that are supposedly running the NHS.

The destructions ..errr no sorry instructions issued by these so called 'experts' destroyed so many lives.  I close friend of ours late 40s has been petrified to venture out. 

You , me , and most of the country , couldn't see a problem with having a few drinks with the folks that you've been working with all day nev . The problem is that the government told us that we couldn't do it , then they went and did it , then rubbed salt into the wound by firstly denying it , then trying to justify it , as  it was a work event.

The bubble thing was teetering on the edge of sanity.  I was in a home bubble , and couldn't see my family ( my mom ) , and I was also in a work bubble  ,  But , if someone in my work bubble got covid , they were replaced with someone from another bubble , or a complete stranger , that was swapped from bubble to bubble.

Despite covid being over,  I still have to fill in covid paperwork every morning , before I can allow my team to climb into my truck . Some of the guys at work are still wearing masks , not because they're worried about covid , they just wear them because it's just easier than having the god almighty row with managers , when the rules have been changed (sometimes daily) , but they haven't told anyone. 

I opted out of covid over 12 months ago , as I just couldn't stand anymore xxxxxxxx , but every now and again I sit and think about it , and it leaves me grinding my teeth 👍.

9 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

What a total waste of time. Pathetic.   Should be getting on and locking up real criminals and terrorists but of course letting the likes of the Manchester Bomber get away to kill and maim etc etc etc/.  there is no doubt this country has become a bunch of wuffly dufflies, thank god ( and I'm an athieste) that things where different back in 1940.

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

What a total waste of time. Pathetic.   Should be getting on and locking up real criminals and terrorists but of course letting the likes of the Manchester Bomber get away to kill and maim etc etc etc/.  there is no doubt this country has become a bunch of wuffly dufflies, thank god ( and I'm an athieste) that things where different back in 1940.

Under normal circumstances I'd agree, but law makers should not be law breakers.

13 hours ago, Mice! said:

It quite made me laugh, Labour,  SNP and some Lib dem hiding in his attic all coming out to say Boris and Sunak should resign, for being at work with cake??

None of them has a clue, all they can do is snipe at Boris while doing absolutely nothing worthwhile. 

Exactly. 

You're  all old enough to realise that it's all tomorrow's fish and chip paper stuff.  It was technically and morality wrong but in comparison to what is going on in the Ukraine and elsewhere it is insignificant trifle.  It's the BBC and media hyping it up into a blood feed frenzy.  They're camped outside no. 10 whooping it up with the shouts of a load of neah do well protesters at the gates of Downing street.  If it wasn't for the media hype no one would be commenting on it. And as today the sun will probably  rise again tomorrow and soon another story of trivia will take over.  Don't be a load of sheep. There were starmer, that twerp Davy, the fat Scottish bloke, uncle Tom Cobly and all foaming at the mouth and I expect the bloke who was always hollering his head off about Brexit there also.  Is that the sort of government that you want.?

Edit.  If it really sticks in you're throats that much you always have the right to stand at the next election to air your views.

Me I'm getting on with the little time that I  do have and not wasting it on tripe like this.

Edited by Minky

Actually I dont give a f-f-fig. Most of the population round here in North London totally ignored lockdown, wearing masks etc. I saw it every day

Shopping every week with people not wearing masks, riding on the bus with only me and a couple grannies wearing masks.

Riding on the underground , no masks

People in the flat below mine in London, visitors every weekend when we were supposed be locked down

My inlaws had 13 for Christmas dinner while we spent it on our own in 2020

Air BnBs in Cornwall operating openly throughout lockdown 

People are selfish animals, They think only about about themselves  

21 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Surely the resignation of the prominent Brexiteer Lord Wolfson blows a hole in the OP's point that this is all about Brexit haters trying to oust Bojo!? 

For sure ... but not limited to Brexit.

With such an emotive argument around law breaking, then & us etc,  anyone with an axe to grind will see this as a moment to start swinging ... that includes Brexiteers who find his recent behaviour unpalatable.

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Most of the population round here in North London totally ignored lockdown, wearing masks etc.

Good for them; unjust illiberal nonsense such as lockdowns must be resisted.

11 hours ago, Minky said:

You're  all old enough to realise that it's all tomorrow's fish and chip paper stuff. 

Fish and chips haven't come in newspaper since....the late 80s?

11 hours ago, Minky said:

And as today the sun will probably  rise again tomorrow and soon another story of trivia will take over. 

Enter stage left, taking migrants to....Rwanda.  Wait, what?

55 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Surely the resignation of the prominent Brexiteer Lord Wolfson blows a hole in the OP's point that this is all about Brexit haters trying to oust Bojo!? 

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say the 'establishment' destests BoJo because he delivered* Brexit.  Therefore, they (and this very much includes the BBC) are gunning for him.

IE5hq3oWlpKBjeXBZYPQbJCxLNirmBL2pBBp0Kb0QSqOEg0IigLk78HDZCwsnuS7yGEDRsKFWJp5Ej6fdb8KBB21m27mAgKq3saQUDhCeBsjOWDSznu-nr7B3jqFnNJ57yJSpxk9ohe4UDaBxxlSPaevtn9kzEO-esj-HJe2kVaxG8CuVWaccHVvwRHFGMX2XNlrQv4b4SpzkKktMbuqUshSfOzxS6KzxYLkHs8cUqlM26MWTLUGPMaWt1w8k2CAKRXkbisC3NeE-IJI5ZQVXS3cBKNs9DCpIk2NopxWDfLxk8frFtMBwmbLb-d15hEJ6F1Vz071ZgsSzHhgzc0wHYeGmFhuu8-5j8D5BxNfPWqwwDt33fPlNbfj0p0SCs0Yt2h2gbM4X76-DLwlzgilsB53Yri_Tytih2Zq3fp0zlZk7--STUrcOJ_cjETgckGk9syj1ZcGzR28YDGAxkpbpqNYYGKaA0Wc_wI_OS1_zr0SGRWFzGeirQ6hjKkikIoIRrqz7bHuU11px1Gtl2m1iuMyCbBcxyovTYHD9KLBBr1xpXK0kkzStjmz4ad8erKqjsXOS_MQ9O_9KM8jS9VAsl9NSCQ00cmxf_0yZ7hzU7GHwg5VOHZDo5iwj66xY1BlJNznMpndmDepuKGpuR0HIwAWDupbpRUkzeO9d0kYaVOcnxftcymATPcOTJMejqBJ6LFE4s31mR4pAqKf4ZkrHwbktaDZBysiN2Fhrh6lpPawcUk4KjIrR9iF4FocquEFsW6b-EETw4NR-YQkzB7kYKJcwM6MGeJS1zKjr52qxEqL1UNB91vKringgSaj9SFN6rTdGpZsZn1rqDwwQEjiNNktY-q7_PEDdK2UYxbb-g=w1089-h1097-no?authuser=0

* Don't @ me.  Yes it's BRINO and NI has been left to rot.  It's still absolutely an abomination to the chattering classes.

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Actually I dont give a f-f-fig. Most of the population round here in North London totally ignored lockdown, wearing masks etc. I saw it every day

Shopping every week with people not wearing masks, riding on the bus with only me and a couple grannies wearing masks.

Riding on the underground , no masks

People in the flat below mine in London, visitors every weekend when we were supposed be locked down

My inlaws had 13 for Christmas dinner while we spent it on our own in 2020

Air BnBs in Cornwall operating openly throughout lockdown 

People are selfish animals, They think only about about themselves  

Many of the asian fashion clothing firms in Leicester kept working right through the lockdowns to complete their contracts - with their bosses claiming the wossit payments too. Leicester's East Park Road textile industrial area even had police blocking off the through roads some times because of the blatant non compliance. Huge asian assemblies carrying in the local park too.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Got to agree with this. 

I think everyone who followed the Brexit thread on here knows I am a staunch supporter of it, if I had a gripe with Johnson, its that he delivered a watered down version, I'd have liked to have seen a "hard" brexit (I believe that's the only real brexit). 

But I believe on the whole Boris has done the best job out of anyone in the position to actually deliver anything. All that said however, him breaking the very rules he set is too far, it'd be like a traffic warden parking on double yellows, or a police officer doing drugs. It's not so much the offence committed, but the person committing it and I would argue a politician responsible for setting the most draconian laws this country has seen since ww2 and imposing them on everyone whether they like it or not and then flouting those same laws, simply can't stay, whether he's the best man for the job or not. 

22 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

but the person committing it and I would argue a politician responsible for setting the most draconian laws this country has seen since ww2 and imposing them on everyone whether they like it or not and then flouting those same laws, simply can't stay

Fine, but *every* leader of developed nations has likely broken their own draconian laws.

Should they all fall on their sword?

32 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Fine, but *every* leader of developed nations has likely broken their own draconian laws.

Should they all fall on their sword?

Yes. 

Maybe wealth linked fines would encourage appropriate behaviour in future. 

Either that or reverse the fines for every person affected and appoligize to every person harmed by the laws they made and didn't follow themselves. 

I don't see this issue as a party matter, but a systemic problem. 

Why do politicians (of all colours) get away with breaking rules and laws that would seriously affect others. Surely they should be held to a higher standard of expected behaviour than the general public. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Maybe wealth linked fines would encourage appropriate behaviour in future.  No more abhorrent lockdowns/mask mandates/other absurd personal freedom curtailments

We can all dream, right? 😉

But seriously, they'll just find better ways to exempt themselves (see: COP26, G7, every EU function, WEF, etc, ad nauseum)

10 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Either that or reverse the fines for every person affected and appoligize to every person harmed by the laws they made and didn't follow themselves. 

Already happening, on appeal, as it goes.

But the fines are, frankly, the least of the problem, compared with lives lost from treatable cancers, lost childhoods, and lost jobs/livelihoods.

3 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

We can all dream, right? 😉

But seriously, they'll just find better ways to exempt themselves (see: COP26, G7, every EU function, WEF, etc, ad nauseum)

Already happening, on appeal, as it goes.

But the fines are, frankly, the least of the problem, compared with lives lost from treatable cancers, lost childhoods, and lost jobs/livelihoods.

Absolutely spot on.