Look what Santa brought!

Scully

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well I have traditionally shot with full and 3/4, but have reached a ceiling and upon talking to people who know, was told to open up my chokes!

Rather difficult on a fixed choke trap gun. So I bought some old Beretta 682 Golds that had been Teagued. Hey presto, I can choose what to shoot but didn't have any 3/8ths. So I called up and ordered a pair and some bits and asked for a discount.

Will try them out at a 100 ESP Registered on Sunday.

Are we changing your name to loose choke? 🤪

I use 3/8 and 5/8 Flush Teagues for most of my shooting, apart from very hi birds, when its 5/8 or 7/8 and full.  Used to be Imp and 1/4 for most things, but I seem to get better results now with the slightly tighter combination  🙂 

I used to use plastic wad cartridges, but switched to mostly fibre a few years back, and I suspect the fibre needs that bit more choke to achieve the previous "plastic pattern".

5 minutes ago, stockybasher said:

I use 3/8 and 5/8 Flush Teagues for most of my shooting, apart from very hi birds, when its 5/8 or 7/8 and full.  Used to be Imp and 1/4 for most things, but I seem to get better results now with the slightly tighter combination  🙂 

I used to use plastic wad cartridges, but switched to mostly fibre a few years back, and I suspect the fibre needs that bit more choke to achieve the previous "plastic pattern".

I would always use 1/4 and 1/2 for all my game shooting, and they did fine really, but like you I found kills were noticeably much improved with 3/8ths and 1/2 or 3/4 with the SIPE I use. 
Even on for what I would call high birds, the kills are more often than not, first barrel. It really is an impressive choke. 

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

I would always use 1/4 and 1/2 for all my game shooting, and they did fine really, but like you I found kills were noticeably much improved with 3/8ths and 1/2 or 3/4 with the SIPE I use. 
Even on for what I would call high birds, the kills are more often than not, first barrel. It really is an impressive choke. 

Sipe 32gram x 5s are my favourite through 1/2 & 1/4 on crows, the kills clean. Full & 1/4 though on the SBS which is fixed.

I change to 30 or 32gram x 6s or anything I have for pigeon or the Sipes just destroy them.

I think I'd be happy with 3/8 & 3/8 in both but it's more outlay

46 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Sipe 32gram x 5s are my favourite through 1/2 & 1/4 on crows, the kills clean. Full & 1/4 though on the SBS which is fixed.

I change to 30 or 32gram x 6s or anything I have for pigeon or the Sipes just destroy them.

I think I'd be happy with 3/8 & 3/8 in both but it's more outlay

👍 Agree entirely. SIPE 32grm 5’s, my favourite live quarry cartridge. Simply fabulous kills! 

anyone whos having a nightmare cleaning ported or knurled chokes. get an ultra sonic cleaner £30 (also great for any small fidely gun part, jewelry, etc that needs a deep clean) then cover it in WD40 and let it dry dont rub it off, once its evaporated it leaves a film that seems to wipe clean.  if its brand new you can skip the sonic cleaner part